What's new

Crackly audio

t sport 1978

Members
Reaction score
Car
EX 2.4 8th Gen
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else have experienced audio artefact/distortion from the front speakers in your premium audio system.

I am aware of a tsp for rear left speakers, but this I think is happening to fronts only.

It's like a crackly noise especially at lower volumes.

Have tried playing with fade, balance, bass, treble and centre speaker settings all to no avail.

I use my system mainly on USB, but it is not exclusive to this mode, it's also the case in radio.

Appreciate any help on the matter and thanks in advance.

If your car is still under warranty take it to your local dealer.

Speakers gone mate.

If you have warranty, as I ***ume, get it changed.

I had one rear door speaker doing the same - got my dealer to change ALL the door speakers for new ones. Made it known I wasn't happy with the sound (either USB/CD). They agreed the sound was iffy and were happy to change them all - took about 40mins to do - I know they did them as I was watching them do it!

Worthwhile just to nip to your dealer and tell them straight up that you want the speakers changed. :D

could well be the front speakers. have a honda dealer listen to the quality with you.

Thanks for all the replies and I tend to agree with the blown speaker opinion.

Are they notoriously weak or something? Never heard of blown speakers in any cars before, perhaps they are under specified for the head unit?

Are they notoriously weak or something? Never heard of blown speakers in any cars before, perhaps they are under specified for the head unit?

Apparently, the issue with speaker quality is one of the very few glitches with the 8th Gen. I suspect it wont be any better on the minor facelift that goes on sale in a few months as well. But as an overall package (ie the car), its a small replaceable component. As long as you have warranty matey, get them changed. B)

Apparently, the issue with speaker quality is one of the very few glitches with the 8th Gen. I suspect it wont be any better on the minor facelift that goes on sale in a few months as well. But as an overall package (ie the car), its a small replaceable component. As long as you have warranty matey, get them changed. B)

Well, my local Honda concurs. Front driver side main speaker will be replaced under warranty.

I think once the warranty runs out I might invest in a some aftermarket speakers with better quality.

Hoping for no more bad surprises :(

Well, my local Honda concurs. Front driver side main speaker will be replaced under warranty.

I think once the warranty runs out I might invest in a some aftermarket speakers with better quality.

Hoping for no more bad surprises :(

Yep I aim to do the same as well. Glad that your dealer is sorting it for you.

Guys that's what warranty are for if you have one use it.This also will let HUK no of any gremlins in the 8th gen.

Had my drivers done a while ago; no problems since; dealer was good and quick!

Reassuring thanks :)

But they do seem to be prone to blowing, did anyone ever get an explanation as to why? Are they under-specified or just simply cr@p?

Normally 10-12, but when I hear something I like 15-16.

Hth

Normally 10-12, but when I hear something I like 15-16.

Hth

10-13 is where mine sits constantly.

Do you guys think high volume is what is causing these blow outs? On 10-13 it isn't really that loud, if not volume then what else could be causing them?

I thought the blown speaker issue was simply due to a dud batch having been used during ***embly, and cars actually having been sold with faulty speakers. I thought that there was no danger, if all your speakers are working, of any of them blowing. They are either blown already or they are not, and aren't likely to blow in future.

I had to have a speaker changed the week I picked up my car when it was new, and since then (over a year), all speakers have been fine.

Are some people finding that their previously working speakers suddenly blow then?

I think so in my case it has gotten worse,looking forward to getting it replaced,it has given me a headache today :(

Look forward to that then mine is in on wednesday for replacement,though i can't imagine they will knock me back with the racket its making B)

All Honda dealers have been provided with a CD with various tracks to replicate all sound frequencies to simulate any conditions.. so they can easily and quickly rule out in front of the customer if the speakers have failed.

A high percentage of speakers being replaced by dealers are not faulty.. Hence this simple test.

Incidentally they didnt use this CD as it was so obvious!

Had my speaker replaced this morning at Hudds Honda ,all done in an hour i gave it a blast to make sure crackling had gone completely and it has, at last its
safe to turn it up again,even had a walk up to Greggs for a chargrilled chicken sandwich in the sunshine does life get any better ? :p

Greggs is alright when your desperate - but these lot rock my world - with chunky chips and choccy shake.

Blue Cheese is my favourite.

Had my speaker replaced this morning at Hudds Honda ,all done in an hour i gave it a blast to make sure crackling had gone completely and it has, at last its
safe to turn it up again,even had a walk up to Greggs for a chargrilled chicken sandwich in the sunshine does life get any better ? :p

Yeah before i got it fixed, the crackling was eating into my head... It was one annoying noise.

As for Greggs... Nah, Pret for me. Their BLT is out of this world. :wub:

Looks nice Dan ,though i think i'll pass on the choccy shake :unsure:

I would have to walk a long way before i found a Pret Des ,besides i'm a northener i won't pay those prices ;)

I had to get two new front speakers on my 08 2.0ex at three years old - under guarantee!! So maybe they are lower quality than they should be.