What's new

Cranks no start

paruiz0415

Members
Reaction score
Car
2010 Accord v4
After a front end bit of damage i gotta diy this cause insurance no cover. Frame>AC>Radiator>thermostat housing. Frame is redneck fixed, ac condenser is dead thermostat and housing replaced. Radiator still has a hole. Battery was old and now also replaced. Car started after thermostat was diyd for a day and a night went to zone to see about radiator or weld fix. Added water to radiator as per leak got a fresh quart of oil was low. Started again took a once over at the running engine. Shut the hood and got to the door before the car shut off itself. Cranks now but wont turn. Help

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

paruiz0415 said:
...Cranks now but wont turn.
Do you mean it cranks but doesn't start?

I'm not familiar with US Accords (the UK Honda Accord range is known as the Acura TSX range in the US) but many Honda models have an inertial 'cut out' switch that prevents the car being started following an impact. Often this is accessed via a removable panel at the sides of the dash, but hopefully your owners model can confirm this?

Jon_G said:
Do you mean it cranks but doesn't start?

I'm not familiar with US Accords (the UK Honda Accord range is known as the Acura TSX range in the US) but many Honda models have an inertial 'cut out' switch that prevents the car being started following an impact. Often this is accessed via a removable panel at the sides of the dash, but hopefully your owners model can confirm this?
I would like to confirm this but the car rand good and well after the crash. Yes i mean she wont start. the switch howerver ive not seen but will look into

Also let me add its the 2010 accord sedan 4cyl 257k km