What's new

Crankshaft pulley for auxiliary drive belt

mace

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Exec
Hi folks,

Looks like the crankshaft pulley on our 2.2 is mince. The outer pulley edge is no longer entirely engaged with the centre of the pulley.

Lings seems to suggest part number is PFKL300852 and want upwards of 387 quid for a replacement, so second hand is probably more realistic - anyone got a spare? :D

Also are there any guides for getting the old one off and the correct torque settings for putting it back on? I tried shifting the bolt but it's solid and the engine wants to rotate a bit even whilst in gear and brakes applied.

Cheers,

Miah

You will need an impact tool toget it off. I had to do one on a Mondeo and the only way i could get i off was to use a impact tool.
Good luck.

I have had a look at the Workshop Manual... frustratingly TypeAccord won't let me insert links or post pictures, sorry.

There is a special hollow tool (pulley holder attachment, hex 50mm tool 07JAB-0010400) that engages in the pulley to lock it and then the 19mm socket to undo the bolt goes through it. Searching eBay for that part number does find a similar one so you can see what I mean, maybe you could hire one?

Paul may well be correct that it would be easier to find someone with an impact driver!

Sorry, refitting...

Clean & lube with engine oil

Tighten bolt to 22lb.ft (25 if using a new bolt). Do not use impact wrench!

Tighten bolt an additional 90 degrees

Drink a few pints to celebrate

Lings PFKL300852 = Honda part number 13810-RBD-E01 (might be easier to search on the Honda part number, but none on eBay at the moment).

Stupidly expensive!

I eventually removed the 19mm bolt from a civic with the same engine. After trying to lock the flywheel I had to concede defeat and buy the special tool, it cost ~£30 for Sealey's version but other unbranded ones are available on fleabay (search 'honda pulley tool'). With the pulley locked the bolt came out relatively easy without an impact driver. I used a 19mm impact socket supported from below with an axle stand, extension bar and a meter long scaffold pole for good measure.