What's new

Crankshaft pulley

little

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord i-CTDi
Hi guys!
Did any of you hear anything about changing a crankshaft pulley by Honda. I found that few guys in Poland had it changed free of charge, apparently due to its faultiness. I've called my local dealer and they told me that they didn't hear about anything like that, and that it may just be a matter of a country :unsure:
Did you come accross that info?

Silly me, I forgot to add thats it's only for 2004 accord diesel. So maybe there is a chance...

Nope no official TSB for the same, any TSB issued will be Europe wide. Are these guys getting confused about the idler pulley which need to be removed and a new design serpentine belt?
100%sure that in Poland Honda is replacing that rubber/metal pulley at the end of the crank.

I think CJ is right, you're confusing it with the alternator pulley..

I'm talking about part number 15 on that picture http://www.japancars.ru/cat/honda/index.php?hmodtyp=2428,2429&npl=17SEA01&_nplgrp=1&nplblk=E__4600
I meant crankshaft pulley :blush:

Hmmm never heard of this part being at fault mate.

Perhaps these polish guys were pulling your leg ;)

oh dear...

Topic to be closed.
Those polish guys weren't pulling my leg, but anyway there is no point of discussing it here :angry:

No need to be upset mate :lol:

We're just saying we've never heard of it being a problem, but perhaps it is in Poland. If there is no problem with yours, then I'd just not worry about it.

Yep agree with Fahad my moto is if there isn't a problem don't look for one :)