What's new

Crashed the accord sob sob

marculos2

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.4
So drove into the back of a bus on way to work, clearly my fault.

I'm thinking buy it back from insurers ***uming damage fixable. Looks like bumper, bumper crash protection thingy, wing, bonnet, headlamp. Appreciate your thoughts. Insurance company just want to write it off.

WP_20160617_07_59_10_Rich.jpg

If all is well underneath you could use this oportunity to update the front end to the facelift, seeing as you have to replace it anyway, bonnet and all

Sorry to hear dude!
Damage doesnt look to bad at all. Cross member will be the first thing to check.
Have to remove the front bumper and inspect as mentioned.

From the pics it doesnt look too bad at all and wouldnt have thought the chassis or front arms re affected.

On closer inspection looks just cosmetic. So hopefully just need bumper, bonnet, wing, xenon lamp unit, upper left bumper bracket thing, fog lamp bracket but wont know for sure until I take the bumper off. I think I might just upgrade the fog lamps. Too much off a faff for me anyway to upgrade to facelift bumper etc but will look into it. Appreciate your help with this need to get her back on road asap.

Thanks for the offer Brian, will let you know if I need a hand, I'm hoping between my father in law and me we cant put it back together ok. I was thinking about the facelift bumper.. I guess my pre-facelift lights wouldn't fit ?

I don't know on that last point tbh, the difference in styling is not in my area of knowledge at all.

But regarding the existing front bumper, several years ago I did something similar, but to a hedge in a country lane (ice on the road). Fortunately metal bonnet and metal wing beats a hedge LOL, but not plastic bumper. I took the bumper off and repaired it with fibre-glass (on the inside) and you cannot tell that it is cracked. If that was my car, I would even remove the bonnet and wing and attempt to straighten those too, because sometimes lightning does strike in the same place twice :eek:

marculos2 said:
Thanks for the offer Brian, will let you know if I need a hand, I'm hoping between my father in law and me we cant put it back together ok. I was thinking about the facelift bumper.. I guess my pre-facelift lights wouldn't fit ?
Headlights dimensions are identical. Only fogs are different.