What's new

Creaking clutch - please help

tomblyboo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer
Can anyone help? 2008 model Accord 2.0 tourer with a creaking clutch pedal that also kind of clicks under your feet when you get near fully depressed, if you know what I mean. Car is und an extended honda warranty and I read some of you guys had master clutch cylinder fixed under warranty. But I am worried that in current climate I might have to fight the warranty team to get this fixed. Is anyone who has had this fixed under warranty willing to help me by PMing me your name and the honda dealer who did the warranty work, along with the date? This would really give me a strong case with honda uk if I could say that they have fixed it for other accord owners under warranty. Already my local dealer has said the usual "oh we haven't ever seen that problem in an accord" which is getting me worried as I am skint and can't afford to pay for a master clutch cylinder replacement myself.

Can you help?

Can anyone help? 2008 model Accord 2.0 tourer with a creaking clutch pedal that also kind of clicks under your feet when you get near fully depressed, if you know what I mean. Car is und an extended honda warranty and I read some of you guys had master clutch cylinder fixed under warranty. But I am worried that in current climate I might have to fight the warranty team to get this fixed. Is anyone who has had this fixed under warranty willing to help me by PMing me your name and the honda dealer who did the warranty work, along with the date? This would really give me a strong case with honda uk if I could say that they have fixed it for other accord owners under warranty. Already my local dealer has said the usual "oh we haven't ever seen that problem in an accord" which is getting me worried as I am skint and can't afford to pay for a master clutch cylinder replacement myself.

Can you help?
hi marco, there is a d.i.y on the creaking of the clutch pedal 9which alot of owners have experienced)is your accord the 8generation or the 7generation buddy,as they both fell within that year..the problem which you have described is commonly known on the 7 generation accord...ill try dig out the diy for you..

edit: here it is buddy... http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8643-clutch-pedal-creakingclicking-fix/

hi marco, there is a d.i.y on the creaking of the clutch pedal 9which alot of owners have experienced)is your accord the 8generation or the 7generation buddy,as they both fell within that year..the problem which you have described is commonly known on the 7 generation accord...ill try dig out the diy for you..

edit: here it is buddy... http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8643-clutch-pedal-creakingclicking-fix/

Thank you my friend but I paid £750 to extend my warranty so I don't think I should have to deal with this myself. Does the creaking actually come before it seizing up completely? Not sure which gen tourer I have - all I know is it is the shape before the current one

I would say your coverd by warrenty if they say no argue your point as this is a very well known problem with the 7 th gen

I would say your coverd by warrenty if they say no argue your point as this is a very well known problem with the 7 th gen
Hmm my tourer looks like yours does at the front so I wonder if I have an 8th gen - how to tell?

7th gen ran from 02 up to 08 i believe, maybe a few 58 plates.

Have a look in members gallery the biggest change is the boot on the tourer as its a lot smaller on the 8th gen.
Or get a photo up and I will tell you straight away

7th gen

HondaPicturessamsungEX1006-Copy-Copy.jpg

8th gen

lrg_honda_accord_diesel_saloon_20847.jpeg

good diy! I just turned my music up louder to not hear the cluch peddle, guess I could fix it as it looks easy to do. DOH!

Oh I have 7th gen.

How cn I prove that this is indeed a problem known o honda?

And again, does the creak eventually lead to anything worse than just an annoying noise?

Oh I have 7th gen.

How cn I prove that this is indeed a problem known o honda?

And again, does the creak eventually lead to anything worse than just an annoying noise?

Honda will know about it. Its such a simple fix it is probably more hassle going to the dealers to get done to be honest.

It will not lead to impending disaster its just a creak. All be it an irritating one.

Honda will know about it. Its such a simple fix it is probably more hassle going to the dealers to get done to be honest.

It will not lead to impending disaster its just a creak. All be it an irritating one.
You say it's a quick fix but in another thread owners talk of having the master clutch cylinder changed - is that a simple fix?!

I helped change a master cluch cylinder on my 6th gen with my mechanic, The only problem we had was the new part was sent but was missing a washer( supposedly honda felt it didn't need one) But oil leaked within 2days and my mechanic had to make a washer to stop it leaking. But I wouldn't change it if it doesn't need changing. just follow the diy and stop the squeak of the pedal.

You say it's a quick fix but in another thread owners talk of having the master clutch cylinder changed - is that a simple fix?!

No a master cylinder is not simple but why would you need to changer that anyway.

When i say it is a simple fix i am referring to this.

White grease with a spray nossle thing (like you get on WD40) will do if you don't have a syringe. Can be bought from Halfords for less than a fiver.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8643-clutch-pedal-creakingclicking-fix/

10203.jpg

It does beg the question then - why have honda been changing master clutch cylinders for free Under warranty if they don't need to and could just use grease?!

So nobody who has had honda change their brake cylinder willing to pm me details?

It does beg the question then - why have honda been changing master clutch cylinders for free Under warranty if they don't need to and could just use grease?!

So nobody who has had honda change their brake cylinder willing to pm me details?

Mate you asked for advice and have been given it.

A creaking clutch pedal is a known issue and not necessarily a knackered clutch master cylinder.

If you are not happy with the advice given by everyone on here why don't you take it back to Honda and use the £750 warranty you paid for.

Take this with you to your dealer. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=488&d=1082485959

Mate you asked for advice and have been given it.

A creaking clutch pedal is a known issue and not necessarily a knackered clutch master cylinder.

If you are not happy with the advice given by everyone on here why don't you take it back to Honda and use the £750 warranty you paid for.

Take this with you to your dealer. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=488&d=1082485959
Ok ok I am grateful fr the advice no need to get tetchy

Marco, I think you are looking for an issue that isn't really there. The creaky clutch is a pain, not suffered by everyone, and a few regulars here have fixed it easily and quickly as a DIY. How much of a ball ache is it to take a car into the garage for half a day? or spend half an hour at home?

Marco bud if you have the extended warranty and feel it should be resolved by a Honda dealer, then you should be able to take it to a dealer and explain the problem and also highlight they have a extended warranty on the part, but remember Honda will not change the part (just like any other car dealerships) unless they really have to, they might just do exactly what's on the d.I.y, the good thing is now you have 2 options, if Honda deal with it then great, problem solved, if not then the kind members on t.a have provided a usefully solution to the problem which you can carry out your self for under a fiver and half an hour of your time..its a win win situation :) if you do end up having to do it your self and get stuck, I'm sure the members on t.a are more than willing to help you along the way as best as they can :)

Indeedy doody :lol:

Hey man - I am in an unaturally good mood this week. :D

Guys
Just want to ask, what's the best grease to use for this? I currently use Molycote grease but after a few weeks the problem comes back.

That's the best afaik.