What's new

cruise contol question

NeVeR

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2006
As ive been posting i just got my Honda Accord

I was on the motor way today going about 100km/h and wanted to test the cruise contol out. I pushed the button and it lit up on the dash but it didn't work ! i took my foot off the peddel and the car started to slow down

Am i doing it wrong ?

you need to press CRUISE MAIN and then SET... you have your cars instruction manual mate?

After you press the cruise control button, you should press down (SET) to activate it at the desired speed.

Now take your foot off the pedal, and have fun accelerating/decelerating with the buttons.

Cheers lads

I do have the manual. But i've not read it yet. Just having fun with the car so far.

I'll test it in the morning. ;)

It also won't work under a certain mph/kph, think it's 25kph and upwards that it operates from.

I had the exact same thing when I first tried to use the cruise control, a read of the manual showed me the error of my ways.

Also do not rest your foot anywhere near the clutch pedal. The clutch pedal switch is very sensitive.
I made this mistake when test driving my car and surprisingly the cruise control didn't work! :rolleyes:

Does anyone find that after pressing set and then lifting off the accelerator, the car slows by a couple of miles per hour before the cruise takes over?

Does anyone find that after pressing set and then lifting off the accelerator, the car slows by a couple of miles per hour before the cruise takes over?

Can't say i have noticed. it could just be the cruise engaging.?

Probably just me lifting off the gas a bit quick then, doesn't happen in my van though, as soon as you press the button, speed set. Different manufacturer different system i guess.

Yes I get this, like a lag...

yep, me too by 1 - 2mph. i just compensate for it now.

Also do not rest your foot anywhere near the clutch pedal. The clutch pedal switch is very sensitive.
I made this mistake when test driving my car and surprisingly the cruise control didn't work! :rolleyes:

Yip - this one had me for ages too!