What's new

Cruise control clutch switch problem

ExpandWeiner

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2004
Hi, just wanted to share this idea and possibly the solution to the cruise control problem I've been having. Basically the Crusoe control never works until normal circumstances, unless I put my foot under the clutch pedal and pull it up, at which point cruise control can be engaged and it will work perfectly. Crawling underneath I saw the switch for the clutch with the rod that comes down when the clutch is pressed down. My idea is that pulling the clutch pedal up forces the rod up a little higher, just enough to engage the switch. I tried to turn the nut on there in the hopes of it somehow adjusting the switch, but nothing really happens. What I was thinking is, I could put something small in the center of that white pad on the pedal so that it pushes the rod up higher. Has anyone tried this?

Attachments

• IMG_20210106_160419__1609944191_149.62.204.167.jpg
    IMG_20210106_160419__1609944191_149.62.204.167.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 13
Pretty sure there will be a nut above and below the bracket. To move the switch closer to the clutch pedal then 'loosen' the top nut and 'tighten' the lower nut. Nip them both up tight when done.

Only thought before doing this why is the clutch pedal sitting lower than it should be? You don't want to adjust the switch and then find the clutch pedal moves back up further and damages the switch.

If you can enable the switch by pulling the clutch pedal up with your foot then sounds like it's sticking for some reason. Might be best to investigate this first.

Also check for cracking on the clutch pedal mounting plate, apply force to it in different directions while watching the base where the bolts pass through.
These can and do crack over time.

Common failure is clutch plate on pedal cracks and moves posistion so cruise control will not work correctly you can adjust but will have to re adjust remember to disconnect connector before adjustment.