What's new

Cruise control not working

burkey

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.3 V type
Hi'a just tried my cruise control and nothing happend,i followed the instructions in the owners manual,pressed the cruise switch on the dash,then pressed the set switch on the steering wheel,but no cruise control light came on on the speedo area any ideas fellas :unsure:

You probably need the switch under the clutch pedal adjusting. I think there us an explanation somewhere on the forum.

It is the brake pedal switch. It needs adjusting. A simple test is to switch on the cruise and lift the brake pedal with your foot and press the set button. If cruise engages it is the brake pedal switch. (obviously do this at a safe speed and a clear straight road) Cruise will also not engage at speeds bellow 25mph
Simply twist it ever so slightly anti clockwise and your problem will be solved. The switch is located directly under the brake pedal.

Failing that do the same test on the clutch, Whichever works is where your problem is.
A very simple fix.

Oops, my bad :D

I'm very trying ;)

ye i had my cruise cut out with the smallest touch on the clutch pedal and i just screwed the switch in more and it's sorted it.

:lol: Gordon... I believe it is supposed to be quite sensitive to your pedal touching.... I have to admit that mine trips at the merest though of going near the clutch/brake pedal..

:lol: Gordon... I believe it is supposed to be quite sensitive to your pedal touching.... I have to admit that mine trips at the merest though of going near the clutch/brake pedal..

ye its meant to cut it off when you press ether pedal down but i have a tendency to rest my foot on the clutch pedal when driving and the little slack in the pedal would coz my cruise to cut off :( very annoying. so moving the switch closser sorted this :D

The gap between the switch and pedal gets bigger as parts ware and the pedal drops

i just no this is how i sorted mine and thought it mite of been of use here :huh:

All advise helps bud ;).

I was surprised by how sensitive it was; but I wouldn't' be without it. really miss it in the van on those long trips up an down the A1.

no input from the original poster...but if you press the cruise activation switch you don;t see a display saying cruise control at all? I'm not sure how it is for the 1.8 (i'm ***uming that is the car we are talking about?)

but for the 06 accord when you ACTIVATE the cruise switch a light comes on the dash first and then when you SET the cruise another light comes on. The brake or clutch pedal switch doesn't interfere with the first light only the second one. The first light is on regardless once you ACTIVATE.

no input from the original poster...but if you press the cruise activation switch you don;t see a display saying cruise control at all? I'm not sure how it is for the 1.8 (i'm ***uming that is the car we are talking about?)

but for the 06 accord when you ACTIVATE the cruise switch a light comes on the dash first and then when you SET the cruise another light comes on. The brake or clutch pedal switch doesn't interfere with the first light only the second one. The first light is on regardless once you ACTIVATE.

kinda the same on the 6th gen lol we have a big button on our right that must be pressed in be4 it works lol