What's new

cruise control problem

Chris Hanna

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 EX Auto Saloon
My 2.4 2006 accord saloon has a problem with the cruise control. The "cruise main" light comes on but no setting of cruise is possible. Do any of you have any idea of possible fix?

C

My 2.4 2006 accord saloon has a problem with the cruise control. The "cruise main" light comes on but no setting of cruise is possible. Do any of you have any idea of possible fix?

C

Try lifting the brake pedal with your foot before pressing the set button and see if it works. If it engages its the brake pedal switch (simply adjust it by turning anti clockwise).
If that doesnt work try the same procedure with the clutch pedal. Bare in mind your cruise will not engage bellow 25mph or something like that.

wdoes the cruise control light flash when you press the set button but go out instantly.? you can still try lifting the brake pedal with your foot in an auto as it will still have a switch.

wdoes the cruise control light flash when you press the set button but go out instantly.? you can still try lifting the brake pedal with your foot in an auto as it will still have a switch.

I will give it a go. The set switch doesn't have anu effect at all.

C

Try lifting the brake pedal with your foot before pressing the set button and see if it works. If it engages its the brake pedal switch (simply adjust it by turning anti clockwise).
If that doesnt work try the same procedure with the clutch pedal. Bare in mind your cruise will not engage bellow 25mph or something like that.

Top answer, yes it works if I lift the brake pedal. I shall have a look at adjusting the switch sometime this week. Thank you very much.

C

nice one Chris its nice when its a simple thing like this.

Glad you got it sorted Chris

@ Neil

Nice diagnostics there - rep point on it's way

I'm glad you got to the bottom of it Chris.
Its a very simple fix, Just twist the switch a tiny bit anti clockwise.
its nice to give something back to the forum and help other members as this site has been handy for me on a few occasions.

Yep it's done (no tools req'd) a really quick fix. Thanks to you all for your support.

C
Hi, I have this problem also on an automatic and have looked for this switch without luck.
Am I looking for something big, small high up or low down. Not a mechanic but cannot recognise a switch anywhere on brake pedal.

Hi, I have this problem also on an automatic and have looked for this switch without luck.
Am I looking for something big, small high up or low down. Not a mechanic but cannot recognise a switch anywhere on brake pedal.
You have to lay down in footwell and look above brake pedal. There should be a switch which is supposed to push against the top of said pedal which also has spring pressure so that as the pedal is pushed down the spring switch disconnects the cruise control. In my case the switch wasn't pushing against the pedal hard enough causing the cruise pedal switch to be in the "off" position all the time. You will see it if you look hard enough :) When you find it you have to adjust it so that it pushes a bit harder against the pedal, I seem to recall hearing a micro switch click sound as you adjust it up and down ie on and off ! I can't explain it any better but hope this helps. Good luck! PS don't do what I did and spill your coffee on the carpet B)

You have to lay down in footwell and look above brake pedal. There should be a switch which is supposed to push against the top of said pedal which also has spring pressure so that as the pedal is pushed down the spring switch disconnects the cruise control. In my case the switch wasn't pushing against the pedal hard enough causing the cruise pedal switch to be in the "off" position all the time. You will see it if you look hard enough :) When you find it you have to adjust it so that it pushes a bit harder against the pedal, I seem to recall hearing a micro switch click sound as you adjust it up and down ie on and off ! I can't explain it any better but hope this helps. Good luck! PS don't do what I did and spill your coffee on the carpet B)

Thanks for that Chris, When I press the set button I do get the secondary light on the dash to come on. It seems to think it is engaged but it is not!. If I press the brake or the cancel switch on the steering wheel that lightgoes of, as I would expect.
Did you also get the secondary light on?

Hi all,

It's a old topic but I think it's related to on of my problems. My cruise control works well, but I've some unexpected deactivation, especialy when road is damaged ("potholes"). Could be a faulty contact of clutch or brake switch ? Hwo can I control it ?