What's new

cruise control steps/step size

Aerodeck22

Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2008
When using the cruise control (ACC), the speed can be increased/lower with the +/- controls on the steering wheel.
The speed then changes with steps of + or - 5 km/h. Is there a way to change this? I would really like the steps to be 1 km/h.
Perhaps this can be adjusted by the Honda dealer?

Regards,
Jan
2008 Accord Tourer

I doubt it buddy.

I expect if you bought a Rolls Royce they could program that in for you... :D

As Rich said

It shouldn't be necessary to adjust the ACC with any finer granularity. After all, the system is designed to slow you down automatically when the forward camera detects a car in front and then will speed up if there is no traffic in front. You set the speed to what you want and keep it there. If you wish to adjust in 1 kph increments, then simply do that manually and reset the ACC.

Goodplan53 said:
It shouldn't be necessary to adjust the ACC with any finer granularity. After all, the system is designed to slow you down automatically when the forward camera detects a car in front and then will speed up if there is no traffic in front. You set the speed to what you want and keep it there. If you wish to adjust in 1 kph increments, then simply do that manually and reset the ACC.
Is this really the case? I haven't experienced this and do not dare to get closer to test it!

Jack Sparrow said:
Is this really the case? I haven't experienced this and do not dare to get closer to test it!
ACC is Active cruise control with radar, only a few Accords have this, the ones with LKS (lane keeping ***ist) and CMBS (Colision braking), so dont try it on a normal model with normal cruise control or you'll crash....

richsprint said:
ACC is Active cruise control with radar, only a few Accords have this, the ones with LKS (lane keeping ***ist) and CMBS (Colision braking), so dont try it on a normal model with normal cruise control or you'll crash....
Ah I see. I'll be keeping my distance manually then using the middle pedal!

When setting the speed by pressing the 'set' button, it will set any speed > 40km/h. So this way I can set it to 128km/h. This is desired because this comes down to 123km/h actual speed measured with GPS. This is still safe with respect to avoiding a speed ticket in an 120km/h zone.
Problem/nuisance for me is that when pressing '+' it goes to 130, with '-' it goes to 125km/h. So it rounds to the next mod(5). No way to set it back to 128km/h with the +/- switches. You would have to cancel the cruise first, go back to the wanted speed using acc pedal, press 'set' and hopefully you hit the 128km/h....

It is also because the cruise on my previous car (accord aerodeck) did have fine steps in setting the cruise....
I'm just hoping that this is a programmable setting, via OBD perhaps?, or maybe something the dealer can access?

I'm fairly certain that my accord goes up in 1mph increments. Well, it definitely doesn't go up in 5mph increments

Jack Sparrow said:
I'm fairly certain that my accord goes up in 1mph increments. Well, it definitely doesn't go up in 5mph increments
I agree, recently used on a long stretch of 50MPH with average speed cameras, adjusting to speed + flow and was not in 5 mph increments.................... :)