What's new

Crunching Gear

Mine is actually the 5MT not the 6MT.

But anyways I have to wait till Monday to do anything anyways been so damn busy!

Quick noob question while I have a couple mins, say it is the synchro, could I not swap 3rd gear synchro with 5th? Lol

Because I never go full in 4th but I more than likely on spirited drives go full in 2nd? Thanks for answering such a stupid question lol but it's worth a try

A new syncro cost is not the problem, it's installing it as you have to take the gearbox out and crack it open - in a nice clean enviroment. when you open up a gearbox you might as well just buy a refurbished one and use you old one as a trade in. If your working on gearbox internals you might as well refurb the lot.

Quick noob question while I have a couple mins, say it is the synchro, could I not swap 3rd gear synchro with 5th? Lol

What Paul has said. The synchro is generally the cheap bit - it's getting the gearbox out of the Accord that's the hard-work. You can pick up refurbished 5-speed gearboxes for the Accord easily and cheaply enough that unless you want the pain of stripping and re-building one, I'd just replace it with one of those. While you're in the gearbox changing mood, I'd also through in a new clutch, pressure plate and release bearing.

Estimating the costs, probably:

Gearbox - £250
Clutch Kit + Oils - £250
Labour - £500 (independent)

So you're looking at circa £1,000 fix.