What's new

DA polisher

Gav

Members
Reaction score
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0D PL
Guys, I've been looking for a DA polisher for years now and something caught my eye in Costco recently, they're selling a DA polisher cheap and I mean cheap £25 with pads.
It's a clarke make.

I know machinemart sell these tools.

My question is am I mad to be thinking of this? i.e. what makes a good DA polisher?
it's a quarter of the price of a good one...
I guess this boils down to you get what you pay for etc etc but I'm tempted.

Anyone used these are have any views either way?

Cheers

what WATT was it?

found this link about a guy using a clark DA polisher http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=91429

haha, just found a chap called Gavin on a XF forum who asked the exact same question as you.....weird hey! lol :lol: wonder if he gets a better answer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats a good price and for £25 you can't go wrong considering they go for £50 ish I got my meguairs g220 for around 130.00 so you can't do bad with £25

are you sure its a DA polisher ? - not just a cheapy polisher like the ones you can get from halfords ?

As above my Kestrel DA cost over £100..

what WATT was it?

found this link about a guy using a clark DA polisher http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=91429
LMAO, I know that bloke, he's a right c*nt.

The Clarke was alright, but it is heavy, hard work and vibrates a lot. You have to remove a sleeve to stop it getting bogged down to easily although it still got bogged down to the point that some soft pads wouldn't even spin on speed 6. Eventually the bearings fell out. I thought it was good until i bought a DAS-6.

Having used both, i would never buy another Clarke. I thought it was good at the time, but having used a DAS-6 the difference is immense. It is one of those things where you think it is fine, until you try something half decent and then wonder why you ever used it.

The DAS-6 is still an entry level machine, but i wouldn't buy anything less than this.

This was done with a DAS-6, so much easier to use and work with -

05Boot.jpg

haha, just found a chap called Gavin on a XF forum who asked the exact same question as you.....weird hey! lol :lol: wonder if he gets a better answer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha, are you stalking me?
No I thought I'd cover all angles, ***umed I'd probably get a better response here. :)

are you sure its a DA polisher ? - not just a cheapy polisher like the ones you can get from halfords ?

As above my Kestrel DA cost over £100..

Yes, that's what I thought when I seen the price but it does mention DA on the box. Will have to do more digging...

LMAO, I know that bloke, he's a right c*nt.
PMSL :lol: you're right though....

The Clarke was alright, but it is heavy, hard work and vibrates a lot. You have to remove a sleeve to stop it getting bogged down to easily although it still got bogged down to the point that some soft pads wouldn't even spin on speed 6. Eventually the bearings fell out. I thought it was good until i bought a DAS-6.

Having used both, i would never buy another Clarke. I thought it was good at the time, but having used a DAS-6 the difference is immense. It is one of those things where you think it is fine, until you try something half decent and then wonder why you ever used it.

The DAS-6 is still an entry level machine, but i wouldn't buy anything less than this.

This was done with a DAS-6, so much easier to use and work with -

05Boot.jpg

That's exactly what I'm looking for shiny - many thanks. Nothing better than first hand experience. Based on this I think I'll give it a miss. Thought it too good to be true...

Thanks again mate...

The Clarke is actually an RO (Random Orbital) polisher, not a Dual Action.

The main thing with the cheaper ones is that they get bogged down to easily. Personally i would have chosen DAS-6 Pro over the DAS-6, but as mine was free i was happy http://www.vertar.com/car-of-the-month/honda-prelude-22-vtec-477.htm

The Clarke is actually an RO (Random Orbital) polisher, not a Dual Action.

The main thing with the cheaper ones is that they get bogged down to easily. Personally i would have chosen DAS-6 Pro over the DAS-6, but as mine was free i was happy http://www.vertar.co...22-vtec-477.htm

Thanks shiny, could well be I got confused and thought it was a DA. Must save up for a kestrel.... thanks again

Thanks shiny, could well be I got confused and thought it was a DA. Must save up for a kestrel.... thanks again

yes what a muppet,checked tonight and it is a RO and not a DA. Will give it a miss,
Thanks to all that replied....