What's new

damaged flywheel timing

trolleyjack

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord D 2.2 Exec
The DMF~ clutch is shot in my car but usable for now tho not daily .It has been starting ok ish until recently but it has been getting steadily worse to the point it wont go without easy start now.

New oil, filters,honda fuel filter etc... degunked egr swirl flap intake, map amd MAF cleaned. no visible signs of leakage or blow out from injectors.Once up and running accelerates with no stuttering etc.

Recntly passed mot with no advisorys other than severe engine noise ie clattering dmf.

There are no lights on the dash,no fault codes on the reader.

I'm thinking that the crank sensor/ cam sensor may be the culprit as the flywheel is obviously out of kilter, but it does not flag a sensor fault, but it feels more a fueling problem to me.

The battery has plenty of guts in it,and spins it over pretty good, but it just don't seem to want to know.

Once started with easy start it runs ok, no smoke, ticks over regular well bar from the pulsating from the flywheel that is.It will happily start again after being run for 10 mins or so.

It's due a clutch and flywheel soon Thurs, I don't know if it will cure or ***ist the problem I'm having, the only other thing I can think to check for would be injector leakback, as no electrical faults are being flagged.

The only other fault I have, but can't see the connection, but am willling to be corrected, is that the rear drivers passenger window winder motor or switch is faulty as it does not work, and I can hear a random switch click from the drivers door switch panel, perhaps this electical fault is doing something else along the way via the can bus or whatever I don't know.

Is there anything else I could be looking at guys ?

Cheers

trolleyjack.

Just done the fuel rail over pressure relief valve leak test, and it's leaking.
Hoping this is my problem, just about to source the part from scrappers.