What's new

dash lighting

Sy1980

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord VTEC SE Gen 6
Can anyone recommend somewhere I can source a full set of red bulbs for the instrument cluster and climate control? I've got a couple of bulbs gone, and while i'm doing the job, I thought i'd change the colour if I could. Had a quick look on ebay but couldn't find anything. Are the bulbs soldered into the holders, or can I get some red capless bulbs and swap the bulbs that way? Or would LED's be a better option?

You could try mapplins there a good bet.

Please post back your results here. I have one or two bulbs fused, and would love to change them soon. Kindly list all the bulbs required and their locations as well. Cheers.

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can source a full set of red bulbs for the instrument cluster and climate control? I've got a couple of bulbs gone, and while i'm doing the job, I thought i'd change the colour if I could. Had a quick look on ebay but couldn't find anything. Are the bulbs soldered into the holders, or can I get some red capless bulbs and swap the bulbs that way? Or would LED's be a better option?

Sy,

I think you will find that the bulbs sit in the plastic holder that then connects into the pcb; you can change the bulb by just straightening out the 2 wires and pulling them out, that way you dont need to replace the plastic holder.
On one of my old Honda's the bulbs where clear and there was a rubber cap that fitted over them for the colour, on my current car i changed the heated seat switch bulb and the colour was determined by the switch itself.

Something like this link will do the trick, but i am not sure what you could do regrding the clour, unless you can find coloured ones.
http://uk.rs-online....=3607913#header

Also just to add for your instrument cluster (speedo etc.) i replaced this on my Prelude and the bulbs where clear, the colour can only be changed by replacing this dial cover.
I am not sure if the 6th gen Accord is the same though, just thought i would share my experiance on it.

Edit - here is the link to teh dials:
http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/accord-with-a-red-band-kmh-to-mph-conversion-dial-for-imported-vehicle-part-no-c101r-more-details-i3109.html

I got mine from honda. There's two different types for the climate control. They come with the orange rubber on them.

Sorry there are three different types that you need.
3 of 79671S1A941 at £2.06 each
2 of 79672S1A941 at £2.06 each
1 of 79673S1A942 at £1.51
Total including VAT was £13.88
They had to be ordered in but they arrived next day.

You could try the bulbs without the orange rubber. They look good but you'll have to do all the lights the same.

I'm taking my cluster out this weekend I'll take a look and post a update

I'm taking my cluster out this weekend I'll take a look and post a update

How did you get on Steve? im in the middle of taking the heater control panel apart (fault on another thread) and seeings as the trimmings off i might aswell sort out my dull cluster!

Ive actually taken it out and noted a lot of the blue-coloured bulbs are showing visible signs of "burn-out" - they must of got too hot....hence the dull-ness! so they need replacing, but as im in there i might change them to LEDs....I was thinking White or Yellow. Have no idea if this will look good or not tho.

They all came out of their plastic bases so i could just replace the bulbs??

Oh what to or what not to do? Do you have any pics?

Or if anyone else has any ideas ???

Geoff