What's new

dc5 calipers

stephen.murphy

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 accord cdti
I've been looking at a set of dc5 calipers and was just wondering if there a direct fit to the 7 gen diesel accord?
been trying t find infromation on here but just wanted to make sure before i went on and bought them.
any information would be a great help thanks

No you will need to get some bespoke carrier brackets made up but thats gonna be your stumbling block.

it'd only be for looks, anojan did it using thinner s2000 discs but says there was no real improvement over the stock calipers. Icetronix in ireland can machine you a set for a direct fit over stock discs so you dont need to use the thinner s2000 discs but even then im ***uming no real braking advantage.

^^ correct.. the stock 7th gen 2.4 calipers are awesome with cusco breaks toppers and braided lines.... and as an ex member found out a while back.... they work better that stock 4 pots... lol

Are the 2.4's the same as the diesel's?

hmmm not sure ..... but ive got nissin calipers but no other 2.4 has nissin dont know why me and tom (wheels in motion ) where baffled by this..

Because you're special dude ;).

O right thanks for the replys. So theres no real advanced to putting dc5 calipers on over the diesel ones.
Are the accord type r ones that quite a few people here have fitted, a big difference compared to the standard ones?

I've seen the icetronix website to and they want 500 euro for the calipers that are machined. and i get them machined myself so that wouldn't be a problem

well if u get braided lines and a master brake cylinder stopper then the dc5 calipers would be a force to be reckoned with....

O right thanks for the replys. So theres no real advanced to putting dc5 calipers on over the diesel ones.
Are the accord type r ones that quite a few people here have fitted, a big difference compared to the standard ones?

I had ATR callipers on my first Accord and there was a slight marginal difference.