What's new

Dead 2 ltr Exec

Si74

Members
Reaction score
Car
2003 exec tourer
Any thoughts? Have this lying in the drive and getting grief from her indoors.
Head warped/gasket gone and needs a full new exhaust and some drop links. Not worth fixing even if I could do the work myself.
Problem is it's sat on the Pentas off the 2.4. Tyres were goosed so just changed over the wheels from the 2 ltr which had new tyres.
Being offered 100 quid at best or take it away for nothing. Since I'm about 900 quid out of pocket, that's not happening.
If I can find someplace to put it, reckon it's worth selling as parts, even if it takes umpteen years.
Already robbed it of a brand new Headlight, which is no use for the 2.4, the tailgate motor and ecu- a computer for the tailgate, how Jap is that.
Wings, bonnet, tail gate all fine, gearbox, alternator etc
What to do with it? Anyone on here in Central Scotland want it as cheap spares on the basis the wheels have to come back.
It seems crazy to part with it for less than the wheels would fetch on ebay.

Think my missus would get distinctly upset if another non-runner appeared in the driveway :(
What colour is it?

As a footnote, it's not actually dead.Starts and drives as if nothings wrong with it. Doesn't really show any signs of a problem
other than the top hose getting pressurised. Took me back & forwards from Fife to Edinburgh for a month after a gas test showed
it was blowing slightly. Annoys me as it's lovely car.

I know the feeling.

Well it's the right colour; probably worth having a chat about it and see what you want to do?

Hi Miah,
I will get back to you once I've decided. Thinking of putting it under a hap in my mates yard
and stripping it. Even if it takes a while and I split the sales with him, at least I'd get something back.

No probs. As I said I'd keep it here but there are already two non-runners and the missus ain't pleased.