What's new

Debagding

A

A-EX

Planning to ditch the "Accord" badge on the bootlid.

Just curious about the "H" though - is that stuck on with just adhesive too, or does that have holes behind it where its affixed?

Dont want to remove and find gaping holes behind it!! :eek:

IMG_9250.jpg

Looks like to me The H badge is not stuck on but pinned in........... so looks like holes will be left.

Is it the same on the 8th Gen though?

I've had a very close examination and cant see anything. Only thing left is to take apart the trim in the bootlid to check but cant be bothered to do that as its too dark now. Not to mention cold.

Is it the same on the 8th Gen though?

I've had a very close examination and cant see anything. Only thing left is to take apart the trim in the bootlid to check but cant be bothered to do that as its too dark now. Not to mention cold.
SAJ mate I'm not sure myself but will be interested to find out lol.

Nah mate - been one thing after another and now its freezing weather, I cant be a rsed to check.

I have a sneaky feeling, judging by the snug fitting, that there are indeed guideholes underneath. :(

Shame I fancied getting rid of the accord badge

Same here - except I dont feel keen about filling in holes in the bootlid. Ah well.

The accord badge is just stuck on. I took my one off last summer when washing it one day. But I would think the H would have holes behind it so I did not even give it ago.
Hope this helps guys

I washed the car with very warm water first too soften the tape. then took a small flat head screw driver wrapped in a thick cloth and they just prized off easily. Then rubbed the tape off with a cloth soaked in warm soapy water.
This is how I did It I know it is not the best and i there will be better ways to doing it. But at the same time hope this helps.

Never thought of that but sound like a great way. Will remeber that one.

Trust me mate - its a God-send!

Recommend it all the time. No need for cloth-wrapped screwdrivers ever again :)

use a hairdryer on it first to really soften the glue, on my old A8 I did it and could pull it off with my fingers.

HOWEVER!!!

some colours are really sensitive to sunlight and bleach over time, on my A8(with its reknown super hard audi paint) when I took off the badges you could clearly see the non faded paint from behind the badge. God knows how bad Hondas super soft paint will show up

Spray this on it and the badge should drop off. I use it at work all the time to dissolve adhesive labels wrapped round rollers. Its not corrosive so paint will be fine.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/290664499362?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla

1014_0.jpg