What's new

decat question

simovtec

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi guys.. ive got the 1.8 sport and was wondering if yous had a decat and where you got it from? Seen one on ebay with the spacer for the o2 sensor for 30 quid and was wondering if anyone had it and did the job... bought a backbox for it and fancy the decat for a bit more noise.. if anyone can make any suggestions or point me in the right direction that would be brill.. or if anyones used the one from ebay and has feedback id greatly appreciate it..

Hey, ive been looking for a decat pipe for mine seen a bypass cat on ebay what they say does the same thing, if you do get one let me know if its any good as i really want one

Yeh from bulgaria or something.. 30 quid? Ive bought it so will report back my findings mate

Just a bypass pipe... with the spacer already attached.. well maybe its a pipe.. looks like a cat but it ant a cat lol theres no insides to it.. so basically just same as the pipe mate lol

Looks good mate.
I might get 1 myself :)

Let me know how it fits ect please bro, will be much appreciated man.
;)

Shall do bro.. was thinking of just getting a pipe made up but tbh youve goty source the flanges to bolt it on plus source a spacer for the sensor.. when in away.. the bypass does exactly the same job without the hassle lol I just want some more noise to go with the 3 inch outward rolled exhaust backbox ive ordered aswell.. (fancied that instead of the twin pipes like I had last time)

shall report back to you mate

Itll fail as its not a cat.. its a decat... so youll needy fit the cat back in for mot unless bung the tester a tenner or something...

Ive got a 3.5" jap style back box to put on, so depending how loud that us might get a decat pipe, its already got an air filter on it and when in vtec jesus does it sound good

your right dale.. vtec does already sound good with just an air filter but I want it to be loud but not too loud.. that's why a went for the 3 inch backbox and a decat for some more noise and the odd wee flame lol

I got a price for a cat back system the other week they wanted 310 for it dont know if thats good or bad, going to get the manifold then decat it i think are the next mods

Engine you got mate? No point wasting that money when your never going to get any real gains.. especially from custom manifold.. backbox and decat all in is 150... better value and will be just same as custom system mate lol

Do you guys find people slaggin of our 1.8 sports lol
i see on other forums people sayin that the 1.8 sports vtec is rubbish and doesnt make any crossover noise.
I keep telling them they are wrong as my 1.8 sport vtech is extremely noisy just with the HKS panel filter and resonator removed.
My vtec deffo got louder when i changed my vtec solenoid gasket too ;)

Lol yeah i know mine is loud one of my mates called it a granda car, soon changing his mind when he couldnt keep up with me in the bends and he even said he could hear it from his car, they might not be the quickest car but by god to they handle well

I changed my solenoid gasket.
the gasket has a fine metal mesh and gets clogged and makes the VTEC less noticeable. with the new gasket mines very loud with the HKS panel filter in the stock filter housing ;)

Im gonna be changing my solenoid in the summer for the Spoon one. my friend lives in shinagawa japan and will be visiting her for 12 weeks in june ;)
so give me plenty of time for the jap toys :)

A dont pay attention to folk slagging the 1.8... its quick enough and nice big comfy cruiser lol I dont race much anyways anymore.. if I go to track days a just like to chill and watch lol

Yeah i get slated abit for owning an accord, im only 20 and all my mates are flying round in starlet gt turbos and mg zr's, but i dont care :) its a comfy cruiser with a nice bit of poke when needed :), ive got the 1.8 sport also, currently got a cat-back stainless steel exhaust system (straight through) with a 3" exit, contemplating a de-cat also... got a nice stainless steel intake pipe with cone filter to for abit more extra vtec pop! Where can i get these solonoid gaskets Tony? I'll change mine for a laugh and see what form of gains i might get! Has anybody heard anything back about these cat-bypasses from abroad? help would be appreciated as they are plans for the future! :D

Main dealer is a rip off for the gaskets.
It's a mission of a job as gotta remove a load of **** to get to the bottom bolt lol.

I brought mine off a firm in California on eBay. Genuine Honda gaskets for 28odd dollars, works out £17.88 dlivered. Got to me in 6 days.
I'll add the link for ya when I get on the laptop ;)

My guess is he got it custom made tony.. Im running the cat bypass... Does the job.. Bit more responsive and more noise but am changing it out for a decat pipe when fitting my backbox