What's new

Diagnostic port

Wayno

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0i Vetec
Hi guys since I have no owners manual yet where abouts is the diagnostic port on the 2004 Accord petrol?
Is it inside the car or in engine bay? I would really love it if it's inside the car.

These ports have to be inside the car and easily accessible from the driving seat... in the 7th gen it's fitted to the underside of the dash, almost above where your right foot is when you're operating the throttle (no cover, so easy to find if you kneel down outside the car and have a look).

Cheers mate I've been n had a look and I've found it ;-)

Is there any type of diagnostic software you guys use on these cars? I had a program called Op-com for my Vectra which you could do everything with. I'm looking for something similar that won't break the bank

If you get a Bluetooth OBD2 adaptor (e.g. an ELM327) and have an Android device, then the Torque app is very popular (there's a WiFi version of the ELM327 if you have an Apple device).

Maybe the software you had for your Vectra (and whatever hardware adaptor you used) would work on the Accord? OBD2 is meant to be a standard across different makes and models (but isn't always!).

Yeh I've already got the Bluetooth OBD2 adapter for the Torque app as I also used that on my Vectra but with it being a Diesel the majority of the sensors didn't work. I also have another OBD2 adapter which I used to connect to my laptop to but that diagnostic software was specifically for the Vauxhalls.

I'm hoping to find a diagnostic software to install to the laptop again. The Torque app was ok but you couldn't do everything that the proper diagnostic software could do.

Oh yeah, didn't we already discuss this in another thread? Maybe you need to get a Honda Diagnostic System (HDS)?

Jon_G said:
Oh yeah, didn't we already discuss this in another thread? Maybe you need to get a Honda Diagnostic System (HDS)?
I haven't discussed it in another thread but now I know what to look for unless they're stupid money like the proper vauxhall Tech2