What's new

Diesel Injector removal

HiiTeN_

Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S Tourer
Hi all,

I’m going to be replacing my injector seals soon as one is leaking.

My question is. How have people removed the injectors. I’ve looked at the service manual and have an idea. But I wanted to make sure that I don’t damage anything. I think I have caught this issue early so I’m hoping they aren’t stuck.

Any advice is appreciated!

It’s really no different to any other modern common rail diesel in that sense, maybe watch a few YouTube videos to familiarise yourself on what’s involved. Once the metal fuel rail pipes are bled and removed, undo the injector clamp bolt and see if you can wiggle the injector free. If it doesn’t move then you might want to use a removal tool.

Check ESM to see if there's any specific instructions - there's a thread here on how to access it - i'll have a look tomorrow as I'm curious, I've had mine out on my car but it's a petrol. They're just held in by some thin metal clips, then unbolting the fuel rail, that's about it.

On my car the o rings at the base of the injectors were damaged, so I would get some new ones for peace of mind

See attached

From reading online it seems common that they get stuck, like Fahad says. There are special removal tools - basically a slide hammer that attatches to the injector.

On the instructions it says to use a new gasket, that looks like the equivalent to the o rings I found that were split - looks like the part number is 16452-RL0-G01

Attachments

• Injector Removal and Installation (Diesel).pdf
    90.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Thanks guys! I’ll be doing this on Saturday morning, waiting for some tools to be delivered for the job. I have ordered all the parts needed for this job and they were delivered yesterday. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. Haven’t driven my car in a week now and now starting to miss it

Thanks guys! I’ll be doing this on Saturday morning, waiting for some tools to be delivered for the job. I have ordered all the parts needed for this job and they were delivered yesterday. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. Haven’t driven my car in a week now and now starting to miss it
So i have done it 3 times now, in two different accords. First tip, never ever try to do it while the engine is cold, always as warm as possible! Secondly, try to get an hold of injector loosening spray,
i used: "MA PROFESSIONAL - Injector Loosener With PTFE" but there is Liqui Moly Pro-Line injector loosening spray. Before the day it did the job, i started spraying this to the injector ports (around the injector), and so after every 1h or so i sprayd another go for about 3 times or so. I let it soak for the night and next morning most of the stuff was evaporated, so i went for a drive to get the engine warmed up. Don't just get the coolant temp up, try do too a longer drive if possible, do get the whole engine warm. And as soon as possible try to open them. Try to wiggle them and pray that they move. I myself turned them in the socket, did not pull at first. And to my luck all of them came lose easly. But one time i tried the same with cold engine....hellllllll no....so stuck! Would not move a 1mm :D but as soon as i warmed the engine it was almost lose by hand.

So best of luck! Let us know how it went.

So i have done it 3 times now, in two different accords. First tip, never ever try to do it while the engine is cold, always as warm as possible! Secondly, try to get an hold of injector loosening spray,
i used: "MA PROFESSIONAL - Injector Loosener With PTFE" but there is Liqui Moly Pro-Line injector loosening spray. Before the day it did the job, i started spraying this to the injector ports (around the injector), and so after every 1h or so i sprayd another go for about 3 times or so. I let it soak for the night and next morning most of the stuff was evaporated, so i went for a drive to get the engine warmed up. Don't just get the coolant temp up, try do too a longer drive if possible, do get the whole engine warm. And as soon as possible try to open them. Try to wiggle them and pray that they move. I myself turned them in the socket, did not pull at first. And to my luck all of them came lose easly. But one time i tried the same with cold engine....hellllllll no....so stuck! Would not move a 1mm :D but as soon as i warmed the engine it was almost lose by hand.

So best of luck! Let us know how it went.
but it seems 8gen injector have rubber O-Rings on them....so the spray has little effect if any there. Then again, those O-rings might leak :D and still spary works....won't hurt to spray it :)

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Got the job done and car is running as sweet as ever now!

Injectors came out nicely! Some carbon build up on the failed seal injector but other than that, jobs done.

I did have to plug in my autel and do an injector adjustment (gave me a right panic when I first started it, sounded like the engine had gone lol) and after that the car was running better than before!