What's new

Disc & pad options

skinnyman

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 2.4 Type S
Sorry if this topic has been covered a dozen times before, if it has please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Right, I need new discs & pads on my FL 2.4 Type S saloon. I've bought some EBC pads already, but I'm happy to sell them on and buy again if it's best to use some others, so just for discs I've the following options:

Honda OEM - £220
EBC - £130
Pagid - £130 (potentially £100 if I can find a eurocarparts code)

Now, seeing as how I've already bought the EBC pads am I best to go for their discs? Or should I go for Pagid dics with my EBC pads? Or sell the EBC pads and get Pagid gear all round? Or is the OEM stuff really worth the extra? (OEM pads are twice the price of EBC/Pagid) Or a combination of the above?

Also, dot 4 vs dot 5.1 fluid? Much difference in it?

Finally, there is a small back street garage near me that will fit the lot and change the fluid for £40. I know that's a very good price, but is it worth doing it myself to make sure it's done correctly? I mean, is there anything in fitting these that a garage could get wrong and cause issues?

Cheers for any help on this.

pagid, too
brake fluid dot plus from honda the best and cheaper..believe me the honda brake fluid is the best because i saw it;s in a very god state after 3-5/6 years, too, without problems at brake system...

If your after oem http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/2003-2008-accord-brake-pads-discs-c-14_35_570.html discounted price. Also try HH with the forum discount code. I would go with Honda parts myself

I've noticed on the eurocarparts website that when I put my reg in it offers me 2 different disc diameters. Fronts are 320mm or 300mm, can't remember the rears but they were 2 different sizes too.

What's the deal?

I've noticed on the eurocarparts website that when I put my reg in it offers me 2 different disc diameters. Fronts are 320mm or 300mm, can't remember the rears but they were 2 different sizes too.

What's the deal?
The smaller size are for the 2l petrol i believe.

The 300mm are for the 2.4 and 2.2. The 2.0 petrol is 280mm

The 300mm are for the 2.4 and 2.2. The 2.0 petrol is 280mm
Thats the one Jason the 320mm must be for 8th gen then.
This is why i always buy OEM as you always get the correct fitment.