What's new

Discounts on new ES GT Accords

richsprint

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 petrol Tourer
I'm hearing Holdcroft Honda are offering up to £5k off new ES GT Accords….

Thats 20%, so well worth having.

Brett, have you heard this?

Boston Honda have just offered Father-in-Law an new ES GT 2.0 petrol with Sat Nav and 18" Deltas for just over £19k or a diesel with the same spec for £20K, he is just deciding on colour as petrol is in Graphite Lustre and the diesel is in Pearl White...Both are a great price though.

Saloons I ***ume?

£19k is a cracking deal on a £25k car.

If he only does low miles, get him to get the petrol. Its a good engine, needs revving, but does over 40mpg on the motorway and 30mpg around town.

The tourer deal interests me. Thats an Accord tourer for £20k, same money as a smaller Astra, Focus, Civic estate.

richsprint said:
I'm hearing Holdcroft Honda are offering up to £5k off new ES GT Accords….

Thats 20%, so well worth having.

Brett, have you heard this?
That's a great price Rich I haven't heard this until now.

Yes they are saloons and apparently new petrols are no longer being imported into the country so they are like Rocking Horse s**t, looks like he is going for the petrol, finalising the deal tomorrow, now im tempted for the diesel but wifey wont let me chop ours in as we have only had it a week...bloody spoil sport!

Got one in mine, I reckon its pretty good. 156ps, so it goes if you get it in the Vtec zone. Mines a 5 speed auto with paddles, does 28mpg around town, but will do 40mpg on the motorway. Fairly high road tax though, £240.

I'm no lover of diesel, under any circumstances, and I truly can't believe that you cannot buy a brand new Type S Accord with a petrol engine! I thought the 'S' was for sport, not steady...... I had a look on the Honda site last night and they only list the 2.4 Petrol in the EX model. Frankly, a disgrace. Honda, famed for high revving, punchy V-TEC engines is reduced to the level of selling boring, diesel rep-mobiles because people in the UK are under the illusion that buying diesel is going to save them money even though they only drive 5 miles a day to the shops and back......

/rant over.

toffee_pie said:
new petrols are no longer being imported into the country

unbelievable.
Honda have been behind in the petrol engine stakes for a while now. Reliable they maybe, but they haven't been producing new, efficient, petrol engines for the European market.

The new Earthdreams petrol engines are addressing that with turbos and will become available in more models in the next few years:

http://world.honda.com/EarthDreamsTechnology/

Its not a surprise really that petrol Accords are no longer imported. The Accord is stopping soon and the little demand there is, is for iDtec diesel models for company cars, why would they lose money on petrols that wont sell.

I think Honda has been slow to respond to the market the last few years. For example why haven't we got the Vezel small SUV to compete with Nissan Qashqai etc, this is a growing market.

It sounds like Europe will be a 3 model market for Honda. Jazz/Fit, Civic and CRV all produced at Swindon. Its sad, but they have failed to move with the market, the market share in the rest of Europe is almost zero also.

Osiris said:
I'm no lover of diesel, under any circumstances, and I truly can't believe that you cannot buy a brand new Type S Accord with a petrol engine! I thought the 'S' was for sport, not steady...... I had a look on the Honda site last night and they only list the 2.4 Petrol in the EX model. Frankly, a disgrace. Honda, famed for high revving, punchy V-TEC engines is reduced to the level of selling boring, diesel rep-mobiles because people in the UK are under the illusion that buying diesel is going to save them money even though they only drive 5 miles a day to the shops and back......

/rant over.
Very few models of any medium / large size saloon cars sold are petrols nowadays .. Insignias , mondeos , passats, avensis , mazda 6 , a4 , 3 series , how many of these are sold as diesels now as opposed to petrols ...? Probably 90% to 10% ? Truth is diesels arent the 90s clatter boxes they used to be and are equal to if not better in performance than a similar priced petrol model yet with much cheaper tax and miles better economy ... Seems that honda are just the first to drop petrol on their already pitiful sales accords due to lack of demand but i doubt theyll be the last .... Im sure given an equal playing field petrol would be the fuel of choice for everyone , but the way of the world and governments are forcing people to go down the diesel / hybrid / tiny petrol engine route

8thgenfan said:
Very few models of any medium / large size saloon cars sold are petrols nowadays .. Insignias , mondeos , passats, avensis , mazda 6 , a4 , 3 series , how many of these are sold as diesels now as opposed to petrols ...? Probably 90% to 10% ? Truth is diesels arent the 90s clatter boxes they used to be and are equal to if not better in performance than a similar priced petrol model yet with much cheaper tax and miles better economy ... Seems that honda are just the first to drop petrol on their already pitiful sales accords due to lack of demand but i doubt theyll be the last .... Im sure given an equal playing field petrol would be the fuel of choice for everyone , but the way of the world and governments are forcing people to go down the diesel / hybrid / tiny petrol engine route
Can't argue with the Economy and Tax advantages of diesel, i'm just glad I don't do enough miles to need one. Fortunately my wife and I are both of the same view point on Petrol Vs. Diesel (she drives a Mondeo V6) so i'll be clinging to the green pump for a long as possible.

Petrol is coming back strong, with new small turbo units, and combined with hybrid powertrains, the new Lexus IS, has a petrol hybrid rather than a diesel.

Diesel is too dirty also, fumes giving us all cancer, so it will lose favour shortly.