What's new

Discs 280mm or 300mm

Schmee

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport CL7
Morning everyone, need to get new discs for my 04 Accord. When looking online there are two variants - 280mm/300mm. Would it really make a difference if I got the 300's instead of the 280's? Why would there be two variants?
I've got 17' Pentas alloys.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Are you looking for front or back discs? Also what model are you driving? I think the 2.4's and estates have larger discs

Andyjdmteg said:
Are you looking for front or back discs? Also what model are you driving? I think the 2.4's and estates have larger discs
It's 2.0 saloon, I'll take the wheels of later and measure the good ole fashion way. Oh and discs all around, I know the rears are 262mm

If you bought 300mm discs and you are running 280's then you would have to change caliper carriers I believe as you would run into fitment issues.

My 2007 2.0 saloon executive has 300mm, just changed them ;)

Nasty1984 said:
My 2007 2.0 saloon executive has 300mm, just changed them ;)
Yeah I measured earlier and fronts are 300mm and rears 260mm

280's discs was only on Comfort version (because on that version alloys were 15'')
300's discs was on Sport, Executive, Type S version (alloys 16'' and 17'')

You can upgrade brakes to 320's discs but you also need callipers from CTR (Two pistons)

taryfa said:
280's discs was only on Comfort version (because on that version alloys were 15'')

You can upgrade brakes to 320's discs but you also need callipers from CTR (Two pistons)
Ep3 civic type r has 300mm in the front as well?! How can you change to 320's then?

taryfa said:

And the rear discs? seems to be option of 260mm or 281mm?

Only one size is listed for saloon, tourer could be different, but not sure as I've never been near one.