What's new

Diskbrakes

dejv

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2006 I-CDTI
End of July I bought the front disk breaks (bosh) + Pads (bosh) for my Accord 2006 I-CDTI

http://www.buycarparts.co.uk/bosch/1166043

after about 4 months if I go above 60km/hr and brake the steering starts giddering (only during braking) which is a result of warped disks
I performed the brake in as usual for 500miles and never powerwashed the car while the disks were hot.

I will try to get a refund by warranty in the meantime I would need to buy another set.

What brand would you recommend or should I still stick with bosh? any suggestions ? will consider even upgraded disks if that will solve the issue

Could try OE Honda (more money though)

I had an issue with Blueprint a few years ago, discs not only warped but upon spinning you could see inside and outside discs were different thickness in different areas (vented disc). I showed them to the motor factors and he could not believe it either but said defo manufacturing defect (he is a machinist himself), sent them back to ADL, initially they could not see what the problem was (they could not be bothered to look properly) until the owner of the motor factors told them to open the eyes and look where I marked up on the disc in black marker where the imperfections were, then they refunded me!

I have had good results with Delphi standard discs & ATE coated discs. I have had poor results with Pagid - noisy. As well as Blueprint - can be noisy.

I have always got on well with Delphi tbh, every time have fitted them I have not had any issues with noise and they last. Maybe they use a softer compound which suits me. Some say wear out quicker when softer but more comfortable and harder pad will last longer but may heat up disc too much quicker.

I dunno, my experience anyway!

See what Holdcroft can do genuine parts for.

From past experiences, I have never experienced warped discs with genuine Honda discs.
From my early years in cars, I have always gone with cheaper 3rd party discs and always suffered from disc warping.

My theory is that the metals used in cheaper discs are far less superior than oem materials.

Another theory for warping discs could be something called hub run-out (which i think means without googling it, the hub isnt 100% true to the disc)

I would def try genuine oem discs if you can afford them though.

Ive never had such issues either. I generally use Mintex discs and pads.
I dont do the 500miles tho. Just 200 miles of no harsh breaking.
But first after installing il do something similar to the guide here http://m.autoanything.com/brakes/how-to-bed-in-brake-pads

Last time i did it, it was up to 60mph and down to 20mph and then back up to 60mph. I usually do it on straight road at 2am.
This was over a year ago and no break issues or squeals

Apparently discs do not warp (which is B0!!ox) it's DVT or disc variation thickness. As someone mentioned above if the hub has run out, you will experience brake judder after 500-1000 miles as the disc wears unevenly causing run out in the disc.

In reality both exist and what I thought was DVT was cured by replacing discs other times I've put them on a disc lath which also works but is a ball ache.

Just replace them with a decent brand or ones mentioned above, I've tried and fitted loads and all brands have bad batches though so far Brembo OEM have been good.

Yes! Give them a ring and see if they'll do you a Type Accord discount on what you're after. Often their price is very close to 3rd spares from other suppliers.
Genuine parts are likely to fit first time and perform well.