What's new

DIY - stabiliser, anti-roll, sway bar end links removal 03-

alnug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
Jaguar XF S
I thought this might be useful for you all I refer to the 2004 Accord here...earlier models might be different.

Tools
- Penetrating fluid - Plusgas or BETTER Ambersil Rust Flash
- wire brush
- Long 5mm Hex key (you need A GOOD one here mine are Bondhaus)
- 14mm Crows foot with ***ociated ratchet
- optional 14mm long ring spanner

clean the thing well especially the exposed threads..also clean the 5mm hex hole at the end of the link...i used the end of a fork and also a small crap hex key to clean it out....i couldn't fit a 4.5mm hex key in before cleaning it out! if you used a 4mm or 4.5mm key here you would no doubt round it off straight away...also if the hex key is crap you're pretty much doomed from the start since you risk twisting it as it could be a bit tight to begin with.
You also need a long hex key....you can then rest the key on one of the suspension bits while you're turning the nut......trying to hold a short hex key and turning the nut is not easy.

Use Rust flash of Plusgas throughout to help lubricate and use a tightening and loosening action to help rid the thread of debris...if you continually try to lossen most likely you'll get the crud jammed and as you apply more pressure you begin to round off bits and pieces (guess this could apply to most bolts really).

I like using my trusty long chrome moly 14mm ring spanner more than the crows foot to be honest.