What's new

Do we own the last Euro Accord?

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
I had been thinking of swapping out my Accord a while ago but decided to hang on and if it passed the MOT ok then to see if I could hold out for a 9th Gen model......

A little searching on the net to see if there were any leaked pictures and I came across the below?? Maybe old news but Sad news at that.

No 9th Gen for Euro

Anyone know otherwise?

Its old and sad news still none the less.

It might give Honda a chance to understand and review what on earth they have done with their car lineup and market share.

Its all about regulations ultimately, but other manufactures have sorted it out. The Accord was never big here in the UK, everybody jumped to German cars, so i blame the Dubbers.

I like to think Honda will come back in a coupe years with a strong line up, but we shall see

Oh man sad sad times.

As a general announcement, I find this funny.

The reason being, that here in little old Ireland, Honda imported the Civic 1.8 Saloon directly from Japan at the time.

Now, it wasn't available in the UK, and the shape was only as a hybrid. As a Civic it sold well here, and our UK collegues were confused how Ireland with a population of 4.5 Million could support this model whereas the UK didn't get it.

TBH, IF Honda UK wanted to import the Accord they could, it would just seem that they believe it isn't worth their while.

As a side note hopefully the 8th Gen values won't take a nosedive as no new model coming out?