What's new

Does this sound right?

grentuu

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord SE Executive
I have taken delivery of the accord yesterday and I love it. Everything is working great and it drives so smoothly. (2.0i SE Exec Auto on a W plate)

I can' verify whether it has a timing belt change or not so have to get it done (79,000 miles). My first port of call was Honda Bolton who quoted me £290 which seemed reasonable but they told me this was purely the belt not the water pump or anything else.

Does this seem about right for Honda or could someone advise me on what it should be. I can get to most paces in the Greater Manchester area if anyone knows a good garage. My local garage who have been stars for all my previous vehicles won't do the timing belt on Hondas due to the 'unique' nature of the belt???

Any advice or direction would be appreciated..

PS I have done quite a few searches but noting really up to date shows up

Thanks

Rob

£290 is the set price for the timing belt under the Honda Happiness scheme.

Provided they do the timing belt and the balance shaft belt it should be okay - the pumps and pulleys tend to be pretty solid. They might want more for the balance shaft belt but you could try and haggle. You're better going to Honda than somewhere that will fit two bob aftermarket belts.

£290 is the set price for the timing belt under the Honda Happiness scheme.

Provided they do the timing belt and the balance shaft belt it should be okay - the pumps and pulleys tend to be pretty solid. They might want more for the balance shaft belt but you could try and haggle. You're better going to Honda than somewhere that will fit two bob aftermarket belts.

Thanks. Does that mean that the fixed price of £290 doesn't normally cover the balance shaft belt?

In all fairness to your independent garage that you have used in the past, at least they have the decency to own up and say no to a job as they feel you would be better going to a dealer, sounds a good honest bunch.

There is always the affiliated dealer on here Holdcroft Honda in Stoke see link Holdcroft Honda Team , don't forget to mention that you are a Typeaccord Member.

There is a meet being arranged in October and there are a few slots for people to have things done on their cars and watch, maybe worth seeing about combining the two.

No I don't think so but even so Honda do specify that the balancer belt is changed along with the timing belt.

You're only talking about maybe £20-30 more I think.

Just come off the phone with Bolton Honda who said they'll do both Belts for £300 as well as the complimentary check. Booking now.

Congrats on your new Honda ,hope you have a happy time with her . I just got the same car 4 days ago 2.0 se exec auto(2000 w plate) @ 67k and it drives like new ,fortunately the timing belt is done as per service schedule . Happy motoring bud , were twins , is it black by any chance .

Congrats on your new Honda ,hope you have a happy time with her . I just got the same car 4 days ago 2.0 se exec auto(2000 w plate) @ 67k and it drives like new ,fortunately the timing belt is done as per service schedule . Happy motoring bud , were twins , is it black by any chance .

Nope it is silver with the black leather interior. My next job is to try and change the JVC head unit for a double din gps unit. I am trying to get some directions from somewhere lol. Can't believe there is no Haynes manual.. and I can't open the cd I have as it is windows XP and all the pc's here are on Windows 7

That's a good price for both belts fella. Unless you know a local garage that you can trust then 300 is a great price for both belts.

You don't have to worry about the water pump till over 100K miles. It usually gets done at the second belt change at about 120K.

Nope it is silver with the black leather interior. My next job is to try and change the JVC head unit for a double din gps unit. I am trying to get some directions from somewhere lol. Can't believe there is no Haynes manual.. and I can't open the cd I have as it is windows XP and all the pc's here are on Windows 7
See " honda Accord chat " >>>>>> workshop manuals >>>>>>> scroll down you will see a link for your 6 gen manual ( I think ) , I can't read it yet as I downloaded it to a mac .

Mine has sat nav but i only travel 11 miles a day to work , anyway it will be well outdated and do not believe it is easy to upgrade through Honda , not a huge loss to me .

Let me know how your milage ( MPG ) goes will you .

See " honda Accord chat " >>>>>> workshop manuals >>>>>>> scroll down you will see a link for your 6 gen manual ( I think ) , I can't read it yet as I downloaded it to a mac .

it also a torrent and there are no seeds. :(

Sorry , I didn't realise the size ,its 431 mb

I have it, it just wont work in wondows 7.... only XP. I just want to see the wiring for the aircon to see if the loom is long enough to drop it into the bottom double din where the ash tray is so I can put a double din head unit into the top.

I have it, it just wont work in wondows 7.... only XP. I just want to see the wiring for the aircon to see if the loom is long enough to drop it into the bottom double din where the ash tray is so I can put a double din head unit into the top.
Oh well your a more advanced car boy than me but as far as computers go I am comp TIA certified and built PCs for years and I honestly would have thought that windows 7 could have handled anything XP could , if anything you,d think it would be the opposite . How about deamon tools , aint used it in years but since this is an ISO !!!!
TBH my PC skills are rusty as I've been on Mac osx for a few years now , I will fiddle with this image on wires lappy .

Xp only,I've tried various image drives but none work, item have an old xp machine but can't really be bothered setting it all up.

Oh well your a more advanced car boy than me but as far as computers go I am comp TIA certified and built PCs for years and I honestly would have thought that windows 7 could have handled anything XP could , if anything you,d think it would be the opposite . How about deamon tools , aint used it in years but since this is an ISO !!!!
TBH my PC skills are rusty as I've been on Mac osx for a few years now , I will fiddle with this image on wires lappy .

I am really a pc freak lol. Been building and using sine the 90's. For some reason esmviewer isn't installed so I am going to use cab extractor to get the files out and see whats there. If I have any joy I will post.

It does work on win 7!

You have to burn the iso to disk and install from the disk with xp service pack 2 compatabillity settings (right click on installer). Then you have to set the data route to the info on the disk through the cdrom!

Ive had it working on win 7 for 2 years now with no problems