What's new

Dome Light / Clock / Voice Fuse

Brief update.

I managed to get the car started over the weekend after recharging the battery, and had a bit of a poke around while the car was running, all indicators still flashing.

Lifted the loom running along the boot liner and the lights stopped flashing.

Took it in this morning to my mechanic and told him everything that had happened and his thoughts were the tow bar electrics which had been taped to the loom.

He found a couple of chafed wires in the tow bar loom, so I told him to take it all out as I'll never be using it to tow anything, but I've left the tow bar as a first line of defence.

He hasn't guaranteed this was the problem, although it's likely that it is, so he said to give it a week and see how I get on.

Fingers crossed. :)

Brief update.

I managed to get the car started over the weekend after recharging the battery, and had a bit of a poke around while the car was running, all indicators still flashing.

Lifted the loom running along the boot liner and the lights stopped flashing.

Took it in this morning to my mechanic and told him everything that had happened and his thoughts were the tow bar electrics which had been taped to the loom.

He found a couple of chafed wires in the tow bar loom, so I told him to take it all out as I'll never be using it to tow anything, but I've left the tow bar as a first line of defence.

He hasn't guaranteed this was the problem, although it's likely that it is, so he said to give it a week and see how I get on.

Fingers crossed. :)
This is where my problems started when they tapped into the main plug i was talking about.Also for the electrics for my tow bar.Sorry moon i forgot to mention that so fingers crossed mate.

This is where my problems started when they tapped into the main plug i was talking about.Also for the electrics for my tow bar.Sorry moon i forgot to mention that so fingers crossed mate.

No worries mate, I wouldn't have been able to do anything until I got it to my mechanic anyway.

The fact that I was able to point him in the right direction was good enough.

Hopefully. :)

And cheers again for your support.

No worries mate, I wouldn't have been able to do anything until I got it to my mechanic anyway.

The fact that I was able to point him in the right direction was good enough.

Hopefully. :)

And cheers again for your support.
That's what we are hear for mate to help and have some humour on the way :)

Just a quickie.

Over a week since the towbar electrics were removed and no blown fuses or non-stop indicators.

I love my car again now. :)

Great result Moon im glad its sorted so you can love your car :)

Not at all mate these things are very trying and can be a nightmare to find.

Sounds like a good result. At least you were able to isolate the problem to an area of your car before handing it to the electrician, that in itself was a good achievement. Sometimes electrical problems can take hours for even a qualified electrician to find.

Not at all mate these things are very trying and can be a nightmare to find.
Ain't that the truth? :)

Sounds like a good result. At least you were able to isolate the problem to an area of your car before handing it to the electrician, that in itself was a good achievement. Sometimes electrical problems can take hours for even a qualified electrician to find.
That's the way I look at it.

I'd rather spend several hours of my time trying to isolate the fault than pay my mechanic to do it.

Very frustrating, but it saved me a few quid, so worth the cursing that accompanied it...