What's new

Door lock question

alvin

Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
Hi all, I've recently purchased my mk8 and can't figure out if its possible to get the doors to lock automatically when driving off. Is there a way to do this or do you have to always manually lock the doors?

hi i have wondered the same thing. there are videos online which feature Honda/Acura accords in the US, which you can change the door locking modes by turning on the ignition, then pressing and holding the master lock button, till it click 2 or three time.

i haven't tried it yet myself, because these videos, being American, are all automatics, and to reset to default they mention being in park with your foot on the brake, etc..

i do know that the US Honda/Acura and Euro Honda are extremely similar in a lot of ways. Might be worth you looking into.

This video is for a 2012 TSX, so maybe it’s for USDM spec cars or facelift only. The options for door lock etc don’t show up in the meter settings on my pre-facelift mk8, and holding down the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously does nothing.

only the USDM got that feature and you can customise it through the MID screen

anyway, I am using a similar product in my CU2 but i cant find the exact link on AE, maybe you can message the seller and ask them if they have it for our car.

You can door lock either shifter to D or speed lock at 15km/h and unlock either shifter to P or engine off. It also does automatic window roll-up when you lock the car but i disabled that by cutting its wire. they do automatic mirror fold with a lock too but not sure about the side mirror fold because my car did not come with folding mirrors from the factory

Last edited: