What's new

Door mirror indicator cracked, new mirror needed?

luke w

Members
Reaction score
Car
CN2
The lens on the passenger door mirror indicator has a crack and it doesn't light up after the crack, can the indicator unit be changed independently from the mirror? Or does the whole door mirror need changing?

TBH Luke you might be better of trying to source a second hand one.The inner of these mirrors are not cheap and very fiddly to do so a hole new mirror is an easy fix.
What color are yours and are they Auto folding ?
There are plenty on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=honda+accord+passenger+mirror&_nkwusc=honda+accord+passesnger+mirrow&_rdc=1

Thanks Brett, thought that would be the case, probably wishful thinking hoping it would be a 5 minute/£5 fix.

I think my colour is called mint green? Kind of greyish green colour? Doesn't seem to be a common colour so I might be better off finding the cheapest working mirror I can and getting it sprayed, looking to fit a Type S front spoiler at some point as well which would need spraying so could kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks Brett, thought that would be the case, probably wishful thinking hoping it would be a 5 minute/£5 fix.

I think my colour is called mint green? Kind of greyish green colour? Doesn't seem to be a common colour so I might be better off finding the cheapest working mirror I can and getting it sprayed, looking to fit a Type S front spoiler at some point as well which would need spraying so could kill two birds with one stone.

That is an unusual colour indeed but yes if you can pick one up and get it sprayed that's your best option.
Unless someone else hear has done a fix on this so just wait to see what others say 1st.

its 1 whole unit unfortunately... had to replace passenger side 1 when i just bought my accord... bought 1 from a breakers yard and got it painted to match the car...
would never know the difference

Thanks for confirming that for me.

Can anyone tell me if all the mirrors are interchangeable or did they change with the facelift?

Thanks for confirming that for me.

Can anyone tell me if all the mirrors are interchangeable or did they change with the facelift?

Luke the mirrors are the same but on the facelift they have 1 extra cable for the Auto folding motor.

Thanks Brett, mines an 04 so pre-facelift.

Can you retro fit the auto folding mirrors? It's something I'm surprised wasn't fitted to the earlier cars, had a few much older Jap cars which came with them.

Thanks Brett, mines an 04 so pre-facelift.

Can you retro fit the auto folding mirrors? It's something I'm surprised wasn't fitted to the earlier cars, had a few much older Jap cars which came with them.

Yes you can Luke have a look at the link

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/12398-honda-accord-euro-r-mirrors/

Thanks again Brett. Mucking about with the wiring scares me so I'll give it a miss I think, unless I can sweet talk my brother to do it for me :lol:

I no what you mean mate.

Dude, the lense can be bought seperately ;)
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=B__4300&block_03=2848

Thanks mate, although the part's more expensive than a lot of the replace mirrors I was looking at!

Does the mirror need to be dismantled to change it, had a look to see if there was anything obvious from the outside to undo the lense but couldn't see it?

Yeah, the mirror glass itself has to com out first so you can get at the screws for the lense. It'll always be that way with second hand parts ;) :

The lens can be purchased on it's own. I have one spare make me an offer :)

I have replaced the drivers side repeater on mine. It's not a difficult job really but the part costs a bit.

Just pull the plastic cover off the inside of the door to expose a few nuts holding the mirror on. Carefully take off the mirror glass and disconnect the wire. Take out the screws inside the mirror and the two or three underneath. You should then be able to pull the old lens out and disconnect the wire.

Good luck

If its any similar to the facelift 07 Jazz, you dont have to remove the unit, all you have to do is pull the mirror off the housing on the bottom and you should see the screws holding the indicator in place.

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/00/SAA2E00J34300044021KBAT00.HTML

Thanks for all the replies fellas. Looks like it's going to cost a couple of quid which ever way I decide to do it and the car needs a service really so will do that first and come back to this later.