What's new

door open light not on

Ramo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord iCTDi
hi again, here I am with slight but annoying issue. seems like car cant see when drivers doors are opening and red door light on dashboard not coming on. would be ok but when unlocking and sitting in it locks up again if no ignition turned on, I changed the door switch but did not help it, seems the problem is other end. Anyone had it before please?

Ramo said:
hi again, here I am with slight but annoying issue. seems like car cant see when drivers doors are opening and red door light on dashboard not coming on. would be ok but when unlocking and sitting in it locks up again if no ignition turned on, I changed the door switch but did not help it, seems the problem is other end. Anyone had it before please?
Are you sure the roof switch is set on the correct setting as you can slide it forwards or backwards.

Brett, roof switch is just for light, which does not come on when driver seat is opened :(

Ramo said:
Brett, roof switch is just for light, which does not come on when driver seat is opened :(
Did you ever manage to sort this problem? I have the same one.
Cheers.

Does the other doors opening triggers any light on your dashboard or the roof light inside the car ?

The central locking works like this, when you press the button from remote to open the car and if no door it's opening in a 20 second interval all the doors locks itself even if you are sitting inside the car.

You can easily test this with all the doors to see which one has the switch or cables connection broken and this is the reason behind that you don't have the red door on your dashboard or the light on the roof

Cris said:
Does the other doors opening triggers any light on your dashboard or the roof light inside the car ?

The central locking works like this, when you press the button from remote to open the car and if no door it's opening in a 20 second interval all the doors locks itself even if you are sitting inside the car.

You can easily test this with all the doors to see which one has the switch or cables connection broken and this is the reason behind that you don't have the red door on your dashboard or the light on the roof
My drivers side door is not being recognised when it's open but all of the others work as they should. If my key is not in the ignition before the allotted time it locks the car unless one of the other doors (other than the drivers) is opened.

so yeah, like you said, only the driver door which inclines me to affirm again that you have a broken switch or cables on your driver door

Cris said:
so yeah, like you said, only the driver door which inclines me to affirm again that you have a broken switch or cables on your driver door
Cheers for that. I'll have a look over the weekend.

mine same drivers door switch not doing anything but its not the switch
did any one get theirs sorted

willcook1275gt said:
mine same drivers door switch not doing anything but its not the switch
did any one get theirs sorted
I didn't unfortunately, like you, mine isn't the switch, I think I may have messed up my micu (not sure if that's the correct bit but the bit that's on the back of fuse box) I've bought an exact replacement but not got around to fitting it yet

Herdy said:
I didn't unfortunately, like you, mine isn't the switch, I think I may have messed up my micu (not sure if that's the correct bit but the bit that's on the back of fuse box) I've bought an exact replacement but not got around to fitting it yet
Hi whats a micu and have you fitted it yet is it fixed??
its getting on my wick i keep leaving the lights on ... no buzzer!
thanks

The micu is the multiplex control unit. The fuseboard is part of it and has additional fuses on it but it's apparently a bit of a sod to fit because they can be temperamental when fitting hence why I haven't fitted mine yet aha. Sorry mate. There's a thread somewhere about how to fit them, it might be on a civic forum mind you. But a google search should bring it up. There are also the odd video on YouTube on how to do it.