What's new

Dpf and aircon - going in circles

U-E

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm hitting an inevitable problematic pile of... Honda fun. Gone through many, many threads and googled much and tinkered much and clasping at straws now.

It's my friends accord, 2010 2.2 idtec. He wanted to sell it, it had some niggles problems now sorted but the mot has just expired. And the dpf "check system" warning remains on so can't go for an mot yet until off.

The dpf has been fully cleaned (eg. Quantum) and pressure settings reset and next is meant to be the static 'forced' regen. Can't complete the regen because the aircon doesn't activate as it should and that's where I am up to. All is is done and ready to go, no fault codes across the board.

Relay is fine (swapped it with another twice), fuse fine, paper clipped the relay socket and the clutch engages fine. HDS however won't budge on the regen at the point of "once the air con clutch engages the regen will complete".

I've just had a nose up at the pressure sensor and all plugs and wires look clean and undamaged.

Can I trick/short something down there that might fool hds into letting the regen work so that I can mot it and get the aircon properly checked at the same time? Not sure the plod will be OK with me trying to explain all the above without an mot.

Many thanks!

If the dpf has been cleaned then it doesn’t need a regen, a dpf adaptation reset is all it needs. Quantum is a tuning company, when you say cleaned do you actually mean removed? In which case the software has not been calibrated correctly.

Reactions: U-E
Thank for the reply.

DPF was removed and taken in for machine cleaning and then back to me. All I have is hds saying if the dpf is removed/replaced, a regen is required. I have been (maybe wrongly) ah'suming this might recalibrate and rid the check light.

Ideally I wouldn't regen it as I know the dpf is cleared but the check system (emissions) light needs to go off somehow. I'm limited because I can't move the car around much with so many anpr's about.

I might be missing something though (I don't touch honda's as a general rule), but I can't diagnose much else with the check system light still on. I need it gone somehow and was going someone might have found a way to trick the system into thinking the aircon is on for a short moment to let the regen complete.

That is unless anyone has experienced this sort of issue and can suggest something else

Last edited:
Sorted. The reset of the calculated PM wasn't done - now reset and the light off and full power restored. .. for now until something else 'bings'. Thanks for the thoughts, it lead me to investigate further and save further aggro.

Last edited:
This is what I meant by dpf adaptation. You don’t regenerate a new dpf. Sadly dpf cleaning isn’t worth the cost or hassle in my experience, your problems will return.

good luck.

Agreed, get rid of the DPF and enjoy the smooth power and peace of mind that comes with that.