What's new

DPF - Is it possible to see if this has been removed from Honda HDS log?

zeroprobe

Reaction score
Car
Hpnda Accord
I suspect that my DPF has been removed from my Accord 8th gen.

I've captured a log using the Honda HDS of the Diesel datalist when my car was running after a short journey.

DPF Differential pressure - 0 KPA
PM Value 0.0g

Would these be any indication the DPF has been removed? Can anyone post a similar log from their Accord, if you have the Honda Him?

Attachments

• Accord_DataList.pdf
    69.3 KB · Views: 23
Calculated soot content zero and no differential pressure would confirm there is nothing in there.

Calculated soot content zero and no differential pressure would confirm there is nothing in there.

Thanks,

I'm guessing the car has been mapped then as there are no error codes?

Would the quite strong exhaust fumes be a normal by product of the dpf being removed?

Nope that would be indicative of your cat having been removed, or a cracked egr pipe.. or both. Yes ecu will have been reflashed but there’s no real way to tell it’s been done correctly without removing the ecu and checking the flash.

The cat should never be removed by the way if it has been.

Although in my country MOT checks my honda's smoke test, and every two years, my car's smoke increases by 2:
2016 year smoke test: 0,07 out of 1,50
2018 year smoke test: 0,41 out of 1,50
2020 year smoke test: 0,87 out of 1,50

what gives? :(

Was your engine running? Why is your exhaust temp zero? Increases in smoke emit levels could be down to a number of factors, bad injectors, bad filters, clogged intake manifold etc

during our MOT, the engine is redlined for a few secs, during that time the smoke quantity is measured.

after this test, also after few weeks, i jumped to the car and took that info with hds, engine was cold, (~15C)