What's new

DPF light.....

metis

Members
Reaction score
Car
08 Accord 2.4 EX
So whilst driving home tonight got the DPF light, no warning just limpmode so low power and visit the dealer light. will see if they can squeeze me in tomorrow morning for a forced regen. 55k and first issue with the car after a year of ownership but it's already making me regret going diesel.
Will update when Honda have looked at it.

£130 later for a dealer re-gen and car is back to normal. will see how it goes from here. On the plus side was very impressed with new 1.6Diesel civic - very god mpg, loads, and i do mean loads of space inside - seemed more legroom in rear than the accord and the hatch boot space was about the same as my tourer boot. Seriously considering this as a replacement.

at 55k miles your car should have more life left in it yet. £130 for a regen is excessive to be honest.

Most dealers charge around £90, and I charge £45. I'm down south most weeks anyway!

You may want to consider having the DPF removed as per below.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.446317448772561.100598.148037185267257&type=1

Cheers, didn't know you were down south that often, will give you a shout if I need another regen and will think about a removal if keeping the car longer term.