What's new

Dreaded ABS warning light

shadow2kn

Reaction score
Car
CL7 and CL9
Hi all,
Been fighting with this for a couple of week... and really out of clue on what to do, the ABS warning light came up a few weeks back, so when I got home I unplugged front driverside and plugged it back in and voila, it went away… was very happy after that but the thing lit up again, so went ahead and replaced front driverside sensor.. but the still didn't go, so waited a bit and then borrowed a multimeter, and check and the sensor was returning around 600-700 Ohms, so I thought to check the other side, the passengerside, and low and behold that didn't show any resistance so went ahead and changed that as well...

but the dreaded thing is still on, aaarrrghhh...
any clues for diagnosis please?
everything around here is closed due to the virus situation

I've ordered a multimeter of my own to check the front 2 sensors for my own sanity sake, but what could be wrong??

Just to clarify, this is the CL7 model with no VSA or any fancy stuff like that...
just thinking, will this work for my CL7

Yes it will, though be patient and you will also be able to read exactly which sensor is giving the warning signs before you clear down.

You will need a full code list to find out other issues.

cheers for responding... yeah read the code, really wish I had done that before changing front 2 sensors...
it's actually abs code 18, some abs pump or pressure system issue, which folks on the internet are suggesting could easily be fixed by bleeding the abs, which I think in our accords is bleeding some brake fluid through each wheel...
will try that today and see if that gets rid of it.
Is there an easier way to bleed the abs system?

actually the error code seems more like 17...
but have bled all four calipers but still the error aint going away! dunno what to do now

17 / 18 codes point to the left rear sensor as opposed to brake caliper or fluids

If you didn't damage one of the fronts during replacement you might be able to cut and splice into the rear hub, but check/clean the main connection within the wheel arch first, dirt and salt does get into them.

ah cheers for that... that's confusing, coz when I checked online abs code 18 is coming up as abs high pressure system fault and 17 is as you said coming up as rear left sensor