Drive shaft replacement cost?

hitman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer i-CTDi
Hello all,

[05 Accord Tourer iCTDi]

I'm getting some juddering between 50-60mph and a slight judder at around 20mph. Research around this great forum seems to indicate that it could be a drive shaft problem, especially as I had the juddering before and after changing from Winter to summer tyres (ruling out wheel balancing to some extent).

I have the car booked into my local Honda service centre on Friday for a look.

I just wanted to get an idea of cost for a drive shaft replacement if that is indeed what they conclude to be the problem?

Any ball park figures for this type of work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

[05 Accord Tourer iCTDi]

I'm getting some juddering between 50-60mph and a slight judder at around 20mph. Research around this great forum seems to indicate that it could be a drive shaft problem, especially as I had the juddering before and after changing from Winter to summer tyres (ruling out wheel balancing to some extent).

I have the car booked into my local Honda service centre on Friday for a look.

I just wanted to get an idea of cost for a drive shaft replacement if that is indeed what they conclude to be the problem?

Any ball park figures for this type of work would be greatly appreciated.
When I had my Accord CTDI I also had driveshaft problems. Tried aftermarket ones, no good at all. Vibration all over the place. Seems the aftermarket ones, Blue Print was the make, can't get the balance right. You need genuine Honda ones to be certain of curing the problem. They are I am afraid about £400 each!!! Went to a breakers to get the one I needed, cost was about £90 and it cured the vibration.

Thanks in advance.

Just changed mine:) soo much better now

found 1 on eBay £145 brand new blue print
Honda wanted £470+vat...

i wouldnt use blue print ***** on the accord tbh, Honda Drive shafts are expensive but you get what you pay for.

You can get them cheaper from heel toe in California.

As well as many other problems that I've had with my desperately unreliable Accord is Drive Shafts.
I was recommended by my usual mechanic to use genuine Honda drive shafts and go with Honda to replace these (unusual for him to recommend a main dealer).
I had mine replaced in Tunbridge Wellls for just short of £1,200.00 !!

This is clearly a manufacturing issue with this model, so much so that it really should be a re-call.
I met somebody last week at the top of a Mountain in the French Alps who had just bought a diesel Accord because he wanted a reliable car (oh dear - what surprises he has ahead!). On a '55 plate, his has 55K miles and is just started to vibrate. At least he knows what the problem is now.
He came over to chat as my bonnet was up waiting for the car to cool down enough to start (my most recent of many many problems - suspect hot ECU not sending Diesel to the injectors?)