What's new

Driver side no heat [Solved]

StefaTGM

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2 '04
Hello, just got Accord recently and heat doesn't work on driver side, i have been reading posts and fixes but none of them worked for me . (Passenger side heat works)
• I have checked the valve under the hood and it works fine. (It closes and opens by wire normally from driver blend motor i also inspected it by removing hose and it closes and opens fine)
• The driver side blend motor works fine as well as passenger.
• The heater core has been flushed, the temperature of the coolant entering it and exiting it is hot (when car gets worm)
• I have used the camera and put it in the center went and flaps do close and i can see core but i m not sure if it's Ac Condenser core or heat core but flaps do actually close.
I was thinking to remove AC Condenser and check inside for flaps if any other failed because that would be easiest before pulling whole dashboard apart.

What i noticed is when i set temp to High the driver side do flow air less and passenger side does blow more air...

Does anybody have any suggestion on what it could be? Could it be flaps inside?

Have you got the ability to read codes from the car using HDS? Or maybe failing that a generic code reader. For older cars you can pick up a cheap HDS cable on eBay/AliExpress/etc, It might help you to check for any fault codes relating to the system.

Hello, thanks for reply i have no codes related to that, but i have removed ac condenser and was able to check heat of the heat core when car is warm and so it IS A HEAT CORE. it got cloged the driver side is cold and passenger side is hot.
I managed to remove the heat core without pulling the dash, i disassembled the pipes from core and pulled it away
I have put hot water in it directly and hot water doesnt come the other side just one half gets hot (passenger side)
Now i have to clean it.

Ah, a Mk 7

Keep flushing the coolant system every week for a few weeks and it will clear most of the corrosion out (but not all)

Yeah i could just of done that, but it would really take time.
I have removed it and even now is hard to get it unclogged.
Any suggestions on what could try i to remove the sludge inside?

Just installed the heat core and heat works now!
It was full of sludge took me a long time to clean it
Long story short
I pulled the heat core without removing the dash, disasembled pipes from it cleaned it and reassembled all back

Did you take any pictures? Would be helpful for other members

I only took this photo while working on it
I removed glow box, blower motor, plastic from ac condensor, ac condensor as well and then few plasitc around pipes and unpluged the pipes using flat head screwdriver and pulled out core, cleaned it and put it back in as well cleaned the pipes you can put new o rings on pipes and solder it or you can use steel epoxy

I find this way easier than polling whole dashboard out