What's new

Drivers Side Electric Window Switch Illumination

Sphinx

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2i CTDi EX
Hi,

I have 2 buttons on my panel not lighting up - wondered if this was normal or not.

The buttons in question are :

Mirror Fold
Child Safety Window Cut-off

Everyrything else seems ok. All the buttons works ok.

Here are the pics :

At Nightime :

Photo0033Custom.jpg

With Flash :

Photo0031Custom.jpg

Thanks.

They don't light up. I guess honda thought you don't need to see these at night. Your illumination looks weird in green, Mine is orange.

Infact i think the child safety one illuminates if you activate it. Cant quite remember though.

Hi, Thanks for the reply -

How do change the colour of illumination?

Is orange for the pre-facelift Green post? Not sure what you have Neil?

i have a 2007 Honda Accord 2.2i CDTi EX - post facelift ... - if that helps.

Have to say I so rarely drive at night - probably why the headlight washers still freak me out a little :lol:

Have to say I so rarely drive at night - probably why the headlight washers still freak me out a little :lol:
At least i no your not a vampire then :lol:

That never stops freaking you out. i do a lot of early morning driving and quite frankly s**** myself when i spray the window at 80 and lose all forward light for a second or two. And then get flicked the bird by whoever had the misfortune of being in front of me because they think i am flashing them to pull over.

Mirror fold? Please tell.

My layout looks the same. The two top buttons are mirror adjust and heated mirror.

Don't think mine fold..

My car is an 05 pre-facelift

Another Facelift treat - autofolding wing mirrors. There are some that have added to as a mod.

Yes mate. Not sure how to go about changing the colour -is it the paint over the button icon? Or is it the bulb? I suspect it is the former as I have a dim and distant memory of someone scratching it clean and having white illumination.

Cold be wrong though.

Cheers.

Been having a look to see if the colour can be changed - Cant see anything in the users manual though.

It certainly isn't a button pushing operation. It is a definite mod to the car.

Hi, I have facelift 06 EX 2.0 VTEC-i and my illumination exactly the same like yours (green), you can change that only by replacing bulbs.