What's new

Drivers window stuck down

g24

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord 2.0 Sport
Hi,

My drivers window was stuck 3 inches down. I have now managed to get it stuck all the way down :lol:

Any tips on what to check? Switch does click, and I have sprayed it with wd40.
Other windows all work fine.

I don't even know how to get the doorcard off on one of these. Do I need the doorcard off to check the switch contacts?

Its a 52 reg 03 Accord Sport which I think makes it a 7th gen.
Only had it a couple of months, and this is my first problem.

Cheers,
Glenn

Can you hear the motor trying or is there no sound, when you try and put the window up?

Happened to me when I bought the car 18 months ago. Its a case of getting the window to move at the right time, lift on the glass and press the button - keep trying as it will suddenly work!
I lubed the runners of the glass and its never happened since, just one of those things where the friction holds the window down and the motor thinks its hitting against something.

Glen Try Silicone spray in the rubber runners use a straw on the can similar to what you get with WD40 stick it down the corner of the runner down into the door and give it a good spray both sides. I'd try this before taking the door card off. Good luck

Thanks for the advice peeps, but tried all of this with no luck.
(Motor makes no sound at all, up or down. Plastic of switch is broken, but it still clicks (different to unpowered click) and moves the white button/lever in the button housing :/ )
So took it into main dealers for diag.

They said they couldn't get the window up with a power probe to the motor. So defo needs motor/regulator and maybe switch as well.
Does this sound right?

Is anyone on here breaking one of these?
Or does anyone have a switch, regulator or motor they'd be willing to sell?

Cheers,
Glenn

quick update on this. Replaced motor and regulator and now working fine. Needed universal joints instead of wrists to cut the cable!

still need a new switch though. It's a 52 reg 03 Accord 2.0 Sport.
The numbers on it are:
C8H-HA2E-F50, 12Y2D1, 35750-, SEA-EO2

From looking at http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/
I need one from an 03 or 04 car (part number PFKL534173)

Can anyone confirm?