What's new

Driver's window won't go up? I have the solution!

phil the greek

Members
Reaction score
Car
'05 accord tourer
I remember seeing a post some time ago which spoke about a fault where the driver's door window wouldn't go up - I had the same thing, when the window is right down, you try and get it up (the window I mean :rolleyes: ) and the window rises about 1cm then falls down - I'm guessing the child head-squash sensor is working a little too efficiently. For all the car knows, I might WANT to squash the head of one of my children.

Anyway - there's a very very simple solution which I never thought about, and only discovered by accident recently. When you switch the ignition OFF, the windows stay active for a bit, presumably to give you a chance to wind them up without switching on again. When the ignition is off, I'm guessing the child head squash sensor isn't working, 'cos the window glides up like magic!!

So - banish driver's window raising misery forever!!

This has been a public information broadcast

cheers - phil

Phil, I have the same problem but have a solution that doesn't involve turning the ignition off. 2-3 thumps of the door car above the arm rest seems to work like a charm.

Is the window fairly slow on the return up?

Lubricate the window guides with silicone grease, using a cotton bud.

Phil, I have the same problem but have a solution that doesn't involve turning the ignition off. 2-3 thumps of the door car above the arm rest seems to work like a charm.
Ah - I used to do that as well, or just open the door and give it a good slam - I just didn't know whether I might be doing some permanent damage doing that.

Is the window fairly slow on the return up?

Lubricate the window guides with silicone grease, using a cotton bud.
Good idea - I'll give that a go.

This used to happen in my old civic type r. The solution in that was just to push and hold the button down for 2-3 seconds. Have to admit though, it's never done it in my wife's accord. Or my new civic.

I Remember in fords of winsford it did it as we were collecting it, the guy came back saying they'd fixed it. But it had just reset itself.
(my first post on these here forums, joined just to add this bit of info....so, hello).

Welcome Alan put up a formal welcome mate and lts see some lovely pics of that ATR

Cheers brett. What's ATR? (it's not accord type r is it?) the mrs doesn't have an accord type r, she's got an accord exec. 2.0 vtec. I've had civic type r's for a while, (6 yrs now).

Or is ATR a abbreviation I'm unaware of, like fn2 or ep3?

Admittedly an accord type-r in that shape would be sweet!

ATR - Accord Type R
CTR - Civic Type R
ATB - Blue Accord (aparently :p).