What's new

DRL Fog lights

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Well after much thought i decided to convert my fog lights to drl running lights as i never use them and thought it would give the Accord a modern look.

Rather than buy a whole kit off ebay its easier to buy the bulbs and the relay as loose items and make ur own kit.

The relay gives you the option of drl off when normal lights on or go dim, i went with dim as it looks better i think. Also for the switched power source (ignition) i used the feed to the ecu, this is on a 20 sec timer after ignition is off to shut down the car, so the lights stay on for a short while.

Pictures/links below of what i used and also some pictures showing the lights.

094c5bbb.jpg

f30672d7.jpg

040cc683.jpg

0b28fad9.jpg

Bulbs

Relay

Very nice james was this a bumper of job mate

Very nice james was this a bumper of job mate

No need to take the bumper off, honda provide 2 service points under the bumper to get through. The passenger side is a bit tight but not too bad, i used a long plastic pole to push the cables through to the drivers side.

I was planning to do a write up but the job is that easy i thought everyone may just it a go.

Finding a switched live was a pain but i can show pictures of the one i used.

hmm maybe be a stupid question but could you use same bulbs and relay for 7th gen??

cool stuff,be cheaper than getting both hid kits for headlights and fogs, the dim feature will save me getting pulled at night for blinding people :D

Some excellent info in this thread, nice one dude...

Paul

Cheers Guys,

Always nice to know this may help someone!!

Jay

looks very nice indeed. Nice mod dude. Might get this done on my Accord

Pictures below show the relay and the 12V switched feed that is on a timer...... this is direct to the ECU so i went for a connecting block rather than cut & soldering the wires together. The wire is rather tight to move around.

Yellow wire top left in the feed
a1624eae.jpg

d53956aa.jpg