What's new

DRL

Nik

Reaction score
Car
2004 Honda Accord
I just bought a 2004 Accord. There are no daytime running lights so I need to turn on night lights when driving around.
Is there a way to "activate" the DRL?

They don’t even exist on the generation that followed.

Reactions: Ned
Check out this thread from 2017.

Unfortunately the demo video on YT is no longer public and the EBay listing is dead, but the indicators, when not indicating, are white DRLs, and turn momentarily off when indicating. They looked clean and functional on the video, not like a clumsy add-on. Look for "dual-color switchback led drl" on EBay or AliExpress etc to find a current seller of this type of bulb.

I bought some of these but they are still sitting in a drawer, waiting for a work I need to do on my entire front end. The light bases need some bulking out with tape to fit in the headlight indicator space (or 3D print something). Unlike in the video, I am going to wire them in, separately fused, as "always on" i.e. not linked to parking lights. I also bought some normally ON relays so the DRL function disables when the normal headlights are on.

Of course this only works for headlights with white indicator lenses.

I just bought a 2004 Accord. There are no daytime running lights so I need to turn on night lights when driving around.
Is there a way to "activate" the DRL?

Are you living in a country where it is compulsory to have daytime lights on all vehicles ?

What happens when you engage the headlight switch to the first position ?

No....but I'd like to have them.
Aftermarket headlights might be the ticket. The headlight adjustment motors don't work anyway.

YOu might be able to trace the wiring loom and fusebox connections to find a suitable route, but it could take days.

Aftermarket would be the best, at least you can remove them quickly.

Or split your headlights and fit some drls inside them like I did on my 8th gen.

Wiring was simple can get voltage sensing box of tricks that attaches directly to the battery (fused obviously) turns them on or off automatically.

My previous Accord CN1 with angel eyes. To turn them on automatically, you need to pass the positive cables through the firewall because there is no ACC 12v inside the engine bay.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-12-13 140909.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2021-12-13 140909.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 11