What's new

Drop links / arb bushes / flywheel & clutch now exhaust manifold is leaking!

immy786

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Evening folks

Clutch completely went today! Wife was driving on the way to Bradford! So I had her recovered back to huddersfield to an indi mechanic I've been using for years.

Flywheel was completely knackered and had no movement at all seized! So flywheel and full clutch kit replaced with all genuine honda parts. While she was off the road I had all four drop links changed to heavy duty meyle ones which came with a four year warranty. I've also had all the anti roll bar bushes changed with genuine honda ones.

While she was with the mechanic he confirmed a cracked exhaust manifold! Loads of black carbon! Mechanic reckons it's either the manifold or a turbo seal. I'm sure it's the manifold due to fumes coming in to the cabin.

So what are my options?
1, new better revised designed manifold is this a dealer only part? Also how much???
2, have the existing one cleaned and welded up? How much?
3, get one from a breakers yard from a facelift? Will it fit? Also do the facelifts have the better revised design manifold or the same as my current one? How much should I look to pay?

Cheers everyone

Immy there a garage in Bradford who can weld the manifold. I had mine done from there and it has been fine ever since. Give F6HAD a message for details.

One thing to take into account when installing a clutch you have to load it correctly using a tool ideally, do you know if your mechanic did this? I'm confident it can be done without the tool from a good mechanic but they have to know that the clutch has to be loaded under pressure before bolting down

Thanks for the reply pal :) yeh the local mechanic is a good un and already knew about the pre loading. He has a way of doing this with a press and some other tools.

I'm gonna have the manifold inspected properly and then decide on a repair or a new part.

Facelift models had the same manifold... the revised (one piece) manifold was never fitted during production, so far as I'm aware.

Original manifold = 3 bolts on heatshield. Revised manifold = 2 bolts on heatshield.