What's new

Dump Valve in 2.2 Diesel (Blow off valve)

Rob2593

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2
Greetings

Newbie here to this forum as I just bought my 2.2 i-CTDI 2005 accord last month. I'm looking to do it up and basically one of the accords I went out to see had a dump valve in it (sounded like an owl "cooing"). I loved it but that particular car wasn't for me. I ended up buying a different one but want that BOV. I understand it's not very practical and it may lower the performance a slight bit however I honestly love that sound and would love to have it in my car.

Any idea where I can get one? Has anyone ever had a dump valve in their 2.2 diesel before? How did it fair out?

Would really appreciate any feedback you gurus can offer :)

Rob

A dump valve won't work in a diesel set up as far as I'm aware?? They don't have a throttle like a petrol engine.

Diesels dont need dump valves.

You can add them.. But please dont.

If your after a better sound, a new straight through turbo back exhaust will do the job

yes it work on diesel engine, but you have to take the vacum from the brake servo. but as said in the above post please dont :p

if you want a nice sound, just remove the cat, backbox and put in a straight pipe and you'll have a nice wastegate sound :)

but as members will tell you it will wear the turbo more quickly due to having no back pressure

dejv said:
yes it work on diesel engine, but you have to take the vacum from the brake servo. but as said in the above post please dont :p

if you want a nice sound, just remove the cat, backbox and put in a straight pipe and you'll have a nice wastegate sound :)

but as members will tell you it will wear the turbo more quickly due to having no back pressure
Dave how bad is this on the turbo? Was thinking of getting it done, my car has 2 years warranty and the manager in the Honda garage I bought it in gave me the go ahead to put a custom exhaust on. So I presume if anything happens they will cover it?

I read about it but I am guessing if you remove the cat and reduce the size of the silencer there will be still some back pressure but better ask the experts