What's new

DVD MOVIES THROUGH SAT NAV SCREEN?

CyrusJH

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CDTi 2.2 Exec
Hi guys,

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but has anyone run an external DVD changer into the aux input on the in built Sat NAV screen to allow it to play movies. Did this with a BMW screen I used to have and that worked a treat.

If it can be done can anyone recommend who could do the install in the West Mids / Birmingham area.

Thanks in advance for your help

Cyrus

It is an immense fiddle, but has been done (as far as I can remember). Think it was on the old forum though :(

Have you tried the search button?

yes it can be done but as Dan said its a fiddle.Im sure it can be done similar to the diy for the rear camera

Xcarlink now sell an interface for this for £122. The interface plugs in between the head unit and the wiring loom. You can have two video inputs.

Here's the link

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=149&cat=3&page=1

Xcarlink now sell an interface for this for £122. The interface plugs in between the head unit and the wiring loom. You can have two video inputs.

Here's the link

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=149&cat=3&page=1

I want to thank you so much. That is exactly what I wanted.

Can you suggest anyone in the West Mids / Birmingham area that could be trusted to do the installation? I am also looking for a regular independent to do work on the car.

I want to thank you so much. That is exactly what I wanted.

Can you suggest anyone in the West Mids / Birmingham area that could be trusted to do the installation? I am also looking for a regular independent to do work on the car.
I'd love to know this too! Thanks

Hello all, I have a 2006 accord with sat nav, I would like to watch DVD movies on the sat nav screen and play music from a mp3 player, I've read most of the threads and understand that xcarlink do a unit but do I use the original DVD drive for the sat nav disc to play the movies or do I need an external device, can anyone recommend such a device, does the xcarlink unit also utilise the aux input for the stereo, be nice to get it sorted as me and the misses do a lot of miles. Cheers,

Hello
I belive you will need an external dvd player to play movies as the sat nav dvd player is not compatiable. Not sure about the sound, might be worth just dropping xcarlink an email to confirm.

i've just dropped them an email, will see what they say.

I believe you will need an external dvd player. The sat nav dvd cannot be used.