What's new

dvd player fault

nigeandem

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD
hi im new to the forum

just bought a honda accord tourer 2.4 executive..

it has the honda factory fitted dvd player above where the sat nav disc is .. and the screen is between the 2 front seats for viewing in the back seats...

the fault is that when i put a dvd in it tries to load then says REGION ERROR ?? the handbook says it plays region 2 and ive tried 3 region 2 dvds and all say the same ...
ive put a music cd in and that works fine

has anyone else had this fault and what is the solution ...

thanks

There's region 2 an d there's region two.

Japanese DVD's are region 2 but different to European - could that be the issue?

Might be worth talking to a dealer to see if thee is a hard reset than can be done. Or perhaps the previous owner has tried to unlock the regions and goosed it.

Some DVD's (especially PC DVD drives) allow a certain number of region changes until it gets locked into whatever it is currently.

I'd wait until CJ (Pepster) comes on line as he has the DVD system (IVES so something like that).

Wow... top marks bud!

piece of cake
shoot.gif

:lol:
Just like that :lol:

Hi Nigel,

After seeing this problem on your car I purposely gave my car the same error by playing various region DVD's . then starts the task of fixing it .. I have sent you a PM for the same

so here is the fix

1) Make sure that there are no DVD’s in the unit.

2) Press Menu on the remote.

3) Select Rating via the on-screen menu and press Enter on the remote.

4) The system will then ask for a password, enter 9614.

5) Scroll through the region codes listed by pressing the Enter button repeatedly until Region code 9 is highlighted.

6) Press Menu again on the remote

That's it that completes the fix all region codes errors are gone for good!!

Now that is TRUE dedication to the cause !

Truly worth the rep point

Wonder what other treasures are buried in hidden menu's?