What's new

early 2003 4 speed auto.

drobbins777

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2003 2.0 AUTO
H guys

My four speed auto says D3 on the dash for drive and I reckon gives 3 gears in auto mode and sounds like it needs another one or (two) at speed.

However if i use D and the tiptronic it sounds and looks like its got all four and sounds less strained at speed does this seem right? any of you guys got one?

Cheers

Del

That sounds right mate my 7th Gen has the same and D3 gives only the first 3 gears really only for stop start and slow traffic and prevents the box changing up into the higher gears and D will give all as you are finding , so all normal there mate.
Cheers Pete

Cheers Pete, thanks for your help.

I get an occasional rumble not sure where its from but includes a stutter. So decided i'd get gearbox oil changed by a main dealer. Not sure if that but about due now. Speedwell Honda is my local one.

Certainly worth getting it done mate, also be worth getting them to do the gearbox filter as well (cost a bit more, but cheaper than another box!) as there could be a restriction in fluid flow causing that issue, especially given the age of your vehicle and I'm guessing you don't know when it was all changed?
Cheers Pete

Thanks Pete. will get that done too. It was done at 71K its now 102k but worth it. Cheers.

Is the 2.0 Autobox not a five speed auto? It is in the 2.4 litre