What's new

EGR Plate Cleaning Problem

Monzta

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Aerodeck
I had a crack at cleaning the EGR plate on my 2.0 petrol at the weekend using a couple of the helpful tutorials online. I managed to unplug all the wires and hoses to allow the plastic cable holder to be moved a little out of the way.

The problem I hit was with removing the fuel rail. I can't for the life of me undo the three nuts that hold the rail on. In the videos they just undo them with a 10mm socket but I can;t get a socket anywhere near mine as there are metal pipes in the way. I tried using an open-ended spanner on one but it just started to round off the nut.

In the end I gave up and left it for another day.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

You could try a brake pipe spanner, it might give the extra grip.
And tap it lightly with a hammer if needed to get it moving initially

That's an idea. I think I've got some brake spanners in the shed somewhere.

OK, I've sussed it. It's amazing what a night's sleep and fresh perspective can achieve. I've now managed to crack off all the nuts and bolts that were bugging me. I've tweaked them back up until I've got the time to do the plate clean job properly but at least I can now progress to the next stage.

Another question. Does anyone know if the injector seals are available from anywhere other than a Honda dealer and if not, any idea what the part number is?

Can someone tell me if the injector seal I need to replace is numbered 28 or 2 in the image?
rknKlGF.png