What's new

EGR Valve maybe?

its not my car nick its my friends he had the timing chain replaced already from the dealer do you think they replaced the injectors cuz I asked the mechanic and he said they don't have to replace the injectors as of the costs and if it is the injector clogged how come its ok when the car is cold and blocked when its hot i for one cannot seem to work out this problem

I think it is clutching at straws, personally, I would imagine and please someone correct me, that if an injector was blocked, then it would be more noticeable and there most of the time. Also if it were an injector that was blocked I'm sure it would be noticeable cold and be across the rev range certainly under acceleration.

All the same though at least Honda Technical are getting involved, between your friend and Nesh at the HH meet; hopefully some greater light will be put on the issue.

Did your friend mention that he had put BG 244 in ?

In respect of the hesitation, was it there before the timing chain replacement or has it steadily appeared afterwards?

Could it also be that it just is not noticeable cold because the engine is generally less flexible when cold ?

No mate it wasn't there when the chain was done and he's used bg244 also and I've driven the car and it definitely only hesitates when hot fine when cold

Also tried the bg244 in mine, although I think that mine is also there when cold!

Waj, typically they change the injectors as part of the timing chain job. Think they can break or something when they strip the engine. That would possibly rule out the injectors if the timing chain has been done.

I agree mate if it were injectors then it would be across the rev range honda tech seem to go with egr so it definitely could be that